Your Dog Scared of Anything?

xenon

My dog is scared of snow falling off the roof. He will hide under beds when it does. Once outside he is fine but does not like the thumping noise it makes when it slides of the roof.
What's your dog scared of?

ohiotom76

My beagle was terrified of thunder and would hide under my desk next to my leg and tremble. My coonhound mix was terrified of open umbrellas and flames, so you couldn't light a candle or a match around her.

shaunche

My dog is petrified of thunder and fireworks. I dread bonfire night because my dog goes crazy, he can't handle the loud firework bangs, it causes extreme stress. A few years ago he urinated all over the floor because he was so scared.

kamcalli

The only thing our dog is scared of are the cats and the rain. I really understand the cats as they are pretty spooky when it comes to their hissing and batting around but the rain? That I can not wrap my mind around at all!

Melissa

My cat Princess Is afraid of any loud noise wether it be anyhting from thunder to my 2 year old banging pots and pans. My other cat Molly however is fearless. or just so fat shes to lazy to move lol

My big Mastiff is scared of thunder and lightning. She was kept outside at one point in time before I got her and this led to her starting to be scared of thunder. This was something which I have never really been dealing with before., However, I know the thunder shirts do work at times, but they are not a tell all cure for the thunder as she can still get nervous.

kayhill

My Pomeranian is scared of two things: 1) a rolled up newspaper or magazine, and 2) the sound of thunder. For some reason he does not like cameras either because whenever I try to take his picture, he turns his head. So, maybe I should add camera flash to my list of things.

writer811

We have multiple dogs with multiple fears but our smallest dog (No idea of the breed, he's way too mixed to tell for certain) is afraid of my pet rat, Persephone. She's really friendly but he came up to her one day and started growling so she bit him on the nose. Ever since then, he always runs away when he sees her.

Esperahol

The only thing our dog is scared of are the cats and the rain. I really understand the cats as they are pretty spooky when it comes to their hissing and batting around but the rain? That I can not wrap my mind around at all!
Well, it does sort of make sense whe you think about it. It's water falling from the sky... water falling from the sky. Is it safe? Will it stop? What has happened to make it so, and will this happen again? It is a sort of creepy phenomenon if you think about it.

So far, my dog is afraid of thunder, fireworks, my hair blower, and a megaphone or when I speak through a long rolled cardboard toward his face like blowing a trumpet. LOL

sandooch

Okay, this is funny but my family would kill me if they knew I posted this so...shhhhhh. :p My poodle gets so scared when anyone in my family farts. It is actually the funniest thing to see her run for the hills when one of us passes gas (not that we just let it rip all day, mind you).

Aside from that, she gets scared to go into our bathroom if one of her balls bounces in there, especially if it goes near the toilet. I think she hates the flush sound. She also won't go get her toy if it lands on our Roomba vacuum cleaner.

claudine

I have a little Yorkshire Terrier and he is very courageous in general but he is very afraid of one thing. The sound of our neighbours mower is terrifying him. My poor dog hides under the table immediately when he hears it and is all shaken. Only hugging him helps a bit.

Esperahol

I have a little Yorkshire Terrier and he is very courageous in general but he is very afraid of one thing. The sound of our neighbours mower is terrifying him. My poor dog hides under the table immediately when he hears it and is all shaken. Only hugging him helps a bit.
Well he is a little dog and lawn mowers can be quite deadly to human limbs nevermind a little dog. Either way a nice hug does wonders for curing most things, and you can some nice cuddle time. A win for everyone.

I can't think of anything that scares her but she is jumpy and as soon as she hears something she is up and barking. Any little noise rattles her and makes her go nuts and it gets annoying when loud cars and riding through my neighborhoods or music is blasting.

Aletha

I have two that are afraid of thunderstorms/rain storms. If it starts to rain, they know the thunder is coming so they start to shake. One of mine is afraid of the stove being on because she is afraid of the smoke alarm. When I turn the stove on, she starts to shake and climbs on anyone's shoulder that is near her. Other than that, they are pretty good.

HealthyS7

My dog hates fireworks. He was a mess around 4th of July. He will try to shove his way into the house whenever we open the back door and fireworks are going on in the background. We have to buy him some calming pills every year. Poor guy.

pafjlh

I had a dog who was terribly afraid of thunderstorms. He would actually pace our hall way during thunderstorms unable to sit still. We now have dog who doesn't like very loud noises such as fireworks and sometimes thunder. I think that this is common in dogs for the most part they have sensitive hearing so loud noises tend to scare or upset them.

Melissast

My dog is afraid of guns. She is an outside dog, and she followed my dad off through the woods one time hunting. She saw him shoot something, and has been terrified of guns ever since then. Sometimes my dad would go off and shoot a skunk off or something at night, so now if they get worked up over something at night all my dad needs to do is stand at the door with the flashlight and it shuts the dog up because shes afraid he'll go out there with a gun.