Yoga Benefits

strawberry

I started taking a yoga class about a year ago. I only go once a week but it is quite the workout. I can't believe how much more flexible I feel and I have more strength in my upper body as well. At the end, we have few minutes of meditative relaxation which is a wonderful way to end everything. Does anyone else do yoga?

Hyacinth

Doing yoga has been on my to-do list for the longest time but for certain reasons I have yet to join a yoga class. I have heard a lot about its benefits, physiological and psychological.

rayne

I have been a regular at a local pilates class for years now. I love it, feel better afterwards and sleep better as well. Recently though, a new instructor is making it way too hard to be the relaxing class it once was. I have to watch the schedule now to know when to go and when not to. Sad, isn't it?

lettuce

I've done it before, but I kind of find it too slow for my pace. I'd much rather veg out and catch up on some good shows as a way to relax!

strawberry

Yoga is not for everyone, but the nice part about it is that there are quite a few different types, depending on what kind of workout you want. I think if you're taking a class you have to have an instructor that you like.

SoftRain

I used to do yoga all the time and loved it, but my teacher's schedule no longer works with mine. I ended up joining a gym and now I do cardio and weight lifting instead.

Brea

I tried yoga, when there was a fitness channel on my television. I was awful, and just could not balance. I tried hard to relax and breathe, but nothing helped. I figured I should stop, before I hurt myself! :)

chabella

All Lady
I am thinking I might take a stab at this pretty soon. A friend of mine does it and she can not believe how much better she feels after, we both suffer from "bad backs" which makes me want to try it even more.