Wood Wicks

Mellie

I love making candles and I just read an article about using wood wicks. I wondered if anyone has tried that. They are suppose to crackle similar to wood in a fire and give off an aroma from the wood. I wonder if they really work.

CrunchyMama

I have a wood wick candle from a major company and I LOVE it! I think it will be worth it for you to make candles like those. They definitely add another dimension to the candle both in atmosphere and scent.

Joyce

I have never heard of those, maybe I will need to do some investigation and see if it can be purchased here, I wouldn't mind playing with it.

Mellie

Thanks for the feedback! I was really curious about how they worked out for people. I don't have a fireplace and found some instructions that use wood wicks, which sounded great. I wanted to hear how they worked before I bought the supplies. Guess I am off to the store now! :D

wanderingherb

They are very different to use. The advantage is that they do soak up a great deal of the scent. So does a cotton wick, but wood is different.

They are not easy to make though and get them to actually burn and not smolder. So buy a few and do some trial runs to get it right. Don't ask me how I think I finally got it right due to sheer luck.

Wanderingherb