Winter not to far away

Are you ready? I'm enjoying the cooler weather but then of course we know that winter isn't to far off. Lucky for us we do live in Florida so don't have all the snow to fight off.

chabella

All Lady
The cooling off part I am fine with but the freezing part is not something I am looking forward to. We have been blessed the last few years which means this year is going to be a big winter and I expect a great deal of snow and ice.

Primrose

I'm with you chabella. The cool is fine but the freeze is a challenge. However, we had such a mild winter here last year that the insects seem like they are in the millions and the weeds are trying to take over. Freezing weather is needed to control some of these things.

Aletha

I really dread it. I have arthritis and it really makes things challenging with the cold and wet weather. It's not something I generally look forward too. However we also need freezing weather to kill off the bugs since it wasn't that cold last winter. We were over run with bugs this summer because of it.

Lilly

I am looking forward to the colder weather to kill the bugs, but I have a feeling that we may actually have to deal with snow and ice this year which is unusual for here. The weather has been much cooler here for the past month than it would normally be this time of year.

freshfoodie

If winter is anything like last year I guess I will be okay with it. Normally we run in the below zero temps but last year we had 50-70's for most of the winter. It was almost like living in Florida.