Wind burn

freshfoodie

My face is wind burnt bad because I have been working outside. I am not sure what I should use to moisturize my skin with that won't irritate it further. Are there any natural things I can try? I have very sensitive skin and bag balm and I don't get along.

Lyra

Oh, no! I have some balm that would work great for you. Too bad I can't give you some! It is beeswax and olive oil and...something else. I know! Try a little bit of honey. It will be sticky, but just leave it on for a bit before gently washing it off.

Claudette

I love the feeling of Oil of Olay when my skin is extra dry. My mother loved it, plus I love the smell. It's feminine, it's pink and it feels so good going on.

freshfoodie

I am allergic to Oil of Olay. I have very sensitive skin so most of those commercial cleaning products break me out really bad. I will try the honey though. I have used honey and sugar as a scrub before and it really does make your skin feel nice. I had not even thought about that! Thanks for reminding me Lyra.

I can't imagine putting honey on my face. Although I have heard that it is good for the skin, I would think it would be sticky and messy. I'm sure there are some good moisturizers out there that you could try also meant for sensitive skin.

Greenwoman

You may want to try a salve that is made of marigold and almond oil. I know that marigold does wonders for skin, and since your skin may be damaged because of the wind, it could help your skin to heal. Also, if you can't find something with marigold, try cocoa butter lotion. It's practically accessible everywhere.

Hyacinth

Have you tried aloe vera? I heard it also works for wind burn. I guess there are also facial lotions or moisturizers with aloe vera as one of the primary ingredients.

Greenwoman

I totally agree with Hyacinth's recommendation as well! It works pretty well in smoothing the skin and making it feel really soft.