When did you start using herbs?

Herby

How did you start using herbs? Because of my Chinese heritage, my parents used to go to an herbalist for various ailments so I grew up with it.

Glinda

My dad has been into herbs for his health for years, but I never really paid attention until recently. Now that I'm becoming more knowledgeable, I'm getting really excited about the benefits they offer.

Natural

My parents are a firm believer of herbal medicines. They have gone all natural since I was little. My parents believe that artificial medicines can cause side effects that would destroy other parts of the body while trying to heal a specific part. So to answer this question, I started using herbs since I was little.

SuzyQ

I lived in the wilds of Scotland when I was a young woman and ate a lot of the things that I found growing, like mushroom and wild herbs. I also read books about using hedgerow plants to treat ailments so I taught myself most of what I know.

Treehugger

I have only just recently started getting interested in herbs and the benefits they have. I started doing research on them about 3 years ago and I have a lot left to learn but I think that herbs are a better choice when it comes to minor issues.

jason

Have a great day
I think like most families, we have always had our "home grown" treatments for things. Some may not be acceptable today, and some where not herb related. But I've always loved growing things, and learning new uses for things that I do have.

greentea

My mother prefers medical treatments and doesn't really fond of herbs, but my sister does. There is small space in our front yard and she uses it to grow some herbs as well as orchids. She is who introduced me to herbs and their benefits.