When are you done?

chabella

All Lady
I knew I did not want a large family and I am quite happy having one of each. I know some people say they want to be done having kids by the time they are 30 or even 25, but is it only about age when it comes to ending up with what you have and that's it?

jason

Have a great day
The wife and I are done. Three is enough and about our limits. Do not really want to push it.

Luvkenny

I don't think it's about age - well at least not for me. I have 1 child and she is enough for me. I just never wanted to have more children. I know she has always wished for a brother or sister but one was enough. I think you just know.

Lyra

Sometimes it is age, but sometimes it is about circumstance, I think. We really have a lot less control over our fertility than we think we do. Sometimes you have to take what you get.

chabella

All Lady
I am pretty sure I am done but I am looking at some long term ideas to keep it that way. I am not sure I want to stay with IUD's for the rest of my life. I looking a little into hysterectomies but that is not an option right now due to needing the extra help (we won't have anyone close for about six months at least to help us out around the house and with the kids).

Aletha

We just knew when we had enough. Partly it was economics, we couldn't afford any more. We also had the number we had talked about. We had three and that was it.

Lyra

Chabella, I would be very careful about getting a hysterectomy. There are a lot of long term consequences to having your uterus removed. And if they take out your ovaries, also, it will put you in early menopause, which can go on for years.

chabella

All Lady
Oddly enough I would welcome early menopause after the cyst issues I have had in the past. Right now we are considering all options but nothing is set in stone until we learn more about which route is best for us or I can talk him into a snip. o_O

SoftRain

I want one more child but that will be it. Sometimes I think I'm crazy for even wanting one more.

I wouldn't mind more pregnancies, though. I'm seriously considering becoming a surrogate after I complete my own family.