What's everyone reading?

Raspberry Leaf

I read quite a bit, and as of late, I've been hankering for a good book, but can't find one. What are some of your favorite reads? I need some decent brain food!

Lilly

I loved Under the Dome and The Cell by Stephen King. Recently I have been on a James Patterson kick. The one I am reading now is called You Have Been Warned and so far it is pretty good. I am hoping for some new books for Christmas.

Primrose

Have you read the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson? There are 5 or 6 in the series and I could not put them down once I started. Right now it's Nora Roberts for me. I like to switch out with different genres.

freshfoodie

Right now, I am reading a book called Slightly Shady by Amanda Quick (AKA Jayne Ann Krentz). It is actually pretty good. It is funny and keeps your attention fairly well.

Lyra

I have been reading the worst book! It has taken me forever to finish it, but I just had to see how the author was going to get herself out of the many corners into which she had painted herself. It was a ridiculous premise, poorly written, like a bad Da Vinci Code (which was bad enough). It is called The Sixth Station.

acornkin

I've been making my way through Boxers and Saints by Gene Luen Yang. It is a set of two graphic novels about the boxer rebellion. Each is written from a different perspective. It is good, but also sorta intense.

What sorts of books do you like?
I like historical fantasy, a good sci-fi here and there, dystopia is always fun. I like books that get somewhat personal with the main characters, and also graphic novels as a medium.
Some things I've enjoyed in the past few years:
Oryx and Crake (dystopian)
Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen(YA fantasy)
The Hunger Games (YA sci-fi dystopia)
Sevenwaters Trilogy (historical fantasy based in 9th century Ireland and Britain with romances as central plot points)
American Born Chinese (Memoir-flavored modern fiction in Graphic Novel format)

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

acornkin

There was also this interesting book I read called Firethorn by Sarah Micklem.
It has a lot of interesting elements including herbalism, precognition, and realism in terms of medieval classism and sexism. In reviews, there is often a mix of praise of the prose, applause for character building, and a warning that this is a more intense journey than most. Fantasy-realism, if you will. Someone even compared it to George RR Martin. I haven't read his stuff, so I wouldn't know, but I definitely found Firethorn to be a worthwhile read.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

nutti

Right now I am reading a bunch of Christmas stories. Debbie Macomber wrote most of these. I love reading happy ending books during the holiday season.