What Milk Makes The Best Soap

I know many people make soap from animals milk. This got me to thinking, what makes the best soap? The main one I see is goats milk, but does the other milk work just as well?

konstantina

If you want to make a milky soap, you should use any milk that is full fat and has alot of butter, ir add extra milk butter. It is more difficult to make however. Goat milk is good because it is soft to the skin. So it all depends on the kind of soap you want to produce. I make a soap with goat milk and lavender oil and I really like it.

If you want to make a milky soap, you should use any milk that is full fat and has alot of butter, ir add extra milk butter. It is more difficult to make however. Goat milk is good because it is soft to the skin. So it all depends on the kind of soap you want to produce. I make a soap with goat milk and lavender oil and I really like it.
I agree with konstantina, if you wanted to use milk; I suggest you use milk goat. First, it is inexpensive. Second it has more affinity to other soap ingredients and lastly, goat's milk contains generous amount of lactic acid which is very good in keeping unwanted bacteria in our body and aids in skin's exfoliation.

Hickorycottage

I happily discovered something about goat's milk a while back. It can be purchased in a can! I always thought I had to track down a goat farmer to get the milk. Although this would be best, canned is good if no farmer is available.

Hickory, they actually sell goats milk in our stores alongside the regular milk. So you can easily find the proper one you need to have. I usually buy goats milk soap, but was curious what everyone else thought as well!

Lena51

I think coconut milk is good to make soap. It's the best smell there is and also good for the skin. Although, I like goats milk as well so just pick the one that you like and give it a test drive and see if you will be satified with it. Goats milk and coconut milk comes in a can and is really cheap.

shaunche

Coconut milk makes the best soap, in my opinion. Coconut milk is high in fat and this results in a creamy soap. For the ultimate coconut soap you can add grated coconut and coconut oil to the mixture. The grated coconut acts as an exfoliant and the coconut oil will moisturise the skin. The smell is divine!

I never heard of soap made from coconut milk. Do you know if they sell these at stores or is it something you have to order on the Internet? I would be interested in this because I know the natural soaps tend to work a lot better!

Garrett Erb

I happily discovered something about goat's milk a while back. It can be purchased in a can! I always thought I had to track down a goat farmer to get the milk. Although this would be best, canned is good if no farmer is available.
I also discovered this recently! Very handy, that's for sure :D

misumaru15

I will have to try both of these. I like the thought of more natural ingredients. It saves money and you know what is in your soap because you make it yourself.

dissn_it

I have never tried to make my own soap before and have been thinking about giving it a try. There is some good information on this forum. I had thought that the goat milk was the best and it is good to learn that it comes in a can. We do have a local farmer that sells it but it is not always available. I like the idea of coconut milk. I may try that first and see how I do.

freshfoodie

I prefer coconut milk myself because it makes a nice, moisturizing soap that smells fantastic. It is also readily available at pretty much any store and fairly inexpensive.