What is stopping you from getting in shape?

lolli

I know a lot of my friends (women) have a lot of excuses for not getting into shape. Are you one of these types of people? Do you work out? Are you in shape or working towards that? What is stopping you if you aren't?

rayne

The only thing stopping me is myself which, I'm sure, is the case for most of us. Any excuse is better than none. However, if I want to be healthy in my later years, I must start and continue a regular exercise regimen. How about you lolli? Are you on a regular exercise program?

2Nature

What most people stop from getting in shape is the uncertainty whether some training and dieting program will work. A lot of us tried and failed with lots of bad regimes. It just kills your will.

freshfoodie

I am not out of shape really. I could stand to lose 5-10 pounds, but I am far from overweight. The only thing stopping me from getting into better shape is the fact that I am lazy when it comes to working out. I am active, but I don't like to exercise.

lolli

Rayne... I am on an exercise regimen. My problem is I like to eat unhealthy food! I am working on this though. So my answer is the same, me. I am active too but I need to curb my diet.

StarGazer

I'm working on getting into shape. When I developed a thyroid condition, I kind of gave up for the past several years. Now, I'm working on getting into the best shape I can be - whether it's my old skinny self or not.

Cassia

I am okay with my shape and weight, but I do have a daily exercise routine. It's for general health and well-being. I can say that I am pretty good at sticking to my schedule, and the thing that stops me from exercising is when I am sick or my body says that it needs rest.

chabella

All Lady
I am working towards it and once you get into a pattern it is really not that bad. I ended up slipping and falling over the weekend so I might be out this coming week. Once that is over though I will be back at it.

lolli

That is great to hear everyone. It sounds like we are all trying to get into shape (or at least the ones that feel like we need it). I don't feel 100% healthy so I know I need it. Stinks about the fall chabella - hope you feel better soon.

chabella

All Lady
I hope so too but from what I hear it can last up to a year. My best advise besides don't fall would be if you need to fall, land on a side rather than straight in the middle. I can not believe what silly ways I can manage to injure myself.

Greenwoman

I think that my own insecurity with exercising in front of people is one obstacle. Some other things keeping me from losing weight is the lack of money to purchase healthy food, get gas to go to a gym, and rent my own place where I can actually control my environment.

chabella

All Lady
If you have access to even a small bedroom you should be okay to work out from home, or take a walk to find a quiet place outdoors. I know many people like to work outside rather than being stuck in a building.