What helps with acne?

blossom

The idea of a cleanse has always intrigued me, but I have never done it. Right now, what I am most interested in is getting rid of this random acne that I seem to be getting, but my whole body could use a tune-up.

igotthyme

Cleansing the liver is what will help balance your hormones that can cause pimples. I've heard Yogi Tea Berry Detox is a really good brand, but you can find many blends at a health food store.

SaltandPepper

You can try rubbing a bit of mashed garlic on the pustules of acne and it will clear them up. Garlic is a wonderful antibiotic. You don't have to leave it on, just rub the garlic on the spot and then let it dry. You will smell like garlic but it is an excellent remedy.

blossom

Wow, thanks SaltandPepper, I've never heard of that and never in a million years would have thought about garlic in that way. I love garlic, so I pretty much smell like it anyways!

Fantasia

I found a recipe in an aromatherapy database website that is great for acne. Here is the recipe:

Combine These Aromatherapy Oils:
5 drops Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) essential oil
7 drops Lavender (Lavandula augustifolia) essential oil
7 drops Atlas Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica) essential oil
12 drops Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) essential oil
1/4 ounce Jojoba oil

Combine essential oils and jojoba oil in a small glass vial with an orifice reducer. Use a cotton swab or clean finger to apply a drop directly to acne blemish.

wanderingherb

I'm not into the "detox" scene as I don't really buy into it on that level.
However, Burdock tincture is very good at "cleaning" the blood in simple terms although i just cringe to say it that way. As if blood is impure, honestly. It has been found to be very helpful for clearing up some acne cases. Everyone is different. And it does take awhile.

Also beware of using many different things at once cause that too will cause acne flares.

DanikaM

In a lot of cases acne is an allergic reaction.

What types of food do you eat?

Also washing your face with just water helps a lot! All those crazy soaps they have out just make your skin feel that it needs to produce more oil. I use face soap once in a while but usually it's always water. Warm water first to open the pours then cold water to close them. Cold water in general is much better for the skin then hot. I started to take cool to neutral temperture showers and have noticed a major difference.

Try adding some apple cider vinegar to some water or tea. It helps a lot too.

Nature

Chillin Under SummerLight
i have one word for you, GARLIC!. for me that killed all my pimples and blackheads, i eat a lot of raw garlic i also smear it on my face and it clears it all up like over night, grate it up and apply it to where ever you have acne and POOF all gone, this kicks proactive's ***