What do you drink?

naturelady

I drink mostly water during the day. I make my kids drink water and some milk. They get bored with drinking water so often. Occasionally I will allow some juice, but I prefer to stay away from the sugary stuff. What do you do?

DixieMarie

They have some 100% juice that is sugar free out there that you might get them to drink. You can check some of them out when you go to the grocery store next.

Paisley

I drink water or unsweetened tea throughout most of the day. I use filtered water instead of the expensive bottled waters, too. I have had a struggle giving up the soft drinks. Even diet sodas have proven to be harmful, so I'm going with the safest thing out there.

Myrrh

I drink water as much as I can. There is always a glass or a bottle of water within my reach. Sometimes, I have a glass of milk, usually soy milk, in the morning. I rarely take sodas. I'm not a fan, so it's easy eliminating them almost completely from my diet.

naturelady

They have some 100% juice that is sugar free out there that you might get them to drink. You can check some of them out when you go to the grocery store next.
Thanks for the tip. I try to stay away from the sugar-free stuff, in general. The reading I've done about aspartame scares me more then sugar does! Sometimes it feels like you just can't win.

artistry

...I am trying to cut down on soda, I love Wild Cherry Pepsi. I drink water most of the time, a little milk in the morning. But water is the best thing for your body. Along with a little red wine now and then.

TheCause

I drink water like it is going out of style.
When I drink a "soda" I normally drink Dr. Pepper.
Sonic allows you to add like 15 different flavors to any drink. I normally pick vanilla Sprite or vanilla Dr Pepper.
I'm a huge sweet tea fan too.
85% of the time I just drink water though. =)

chabella

All Lady
For the most part I drink water and if I am not drinking at least six cups a day I feel bad. I did break down today and had both a Pepsi and one of those energy drinks. It was pretty nice too, tasted nothing like the others I have had before, it was berry!

Aside from water, I always drink orange juice everyday. It's a very good source of vitamin C and it really helps me to prevent getting colds.

I try REALLY hard to drink only water, but like your kids I get sick of plain water and will splurge on some juice. I will have milk in my cereal but that is it. I am trying to tone up so trying to lose a small amount of weight. I will usually have a fresh glass of fresh squeezed apple juice that we juicer in the morning. I will allow my 2 year old to have a glass as well. She doesn't like water so the rest of the day she will drink milk.

Jailynnsgrandma

I drink water most of the time. This has been a huge adjustment for me. I was hooked on drinking Coke for years, then wanted to cut out the caffeine due to anxiety so I gave it up. So I switched to water and while I do occasionally miss the coke, it is not as bad as I thought it would be.

aphil

I drink lots of water and I love herbal teas and lemonade. I am often able to sweeten my tea with licorice, or I will use unrefined cane sugar. My favorite these days is a mix of rose hips, lemongrass and ginger! I also love my lemonade and lemon tangerine ade. I definitely have to use the unrefined sugar for this or some raw honey.
The weather is getting warm now and children love freeze cups. You can use 100% juice and also herb teas to make some delicious freeze cups.

I drink lots of water and I love herbal teas and lemonade. I am often able to sweeten my tea with licorice, or I will use unrefined cane sugar.
Licorice? I have never heard of that. Are you talking about regular licorice? The only thing I can think about is the black twizzlers. Can you share how you do that?

I drink distilled water, it is the only water that doesn't hurt my stomach, and iced tea. I make regular black tea mixed with green tea and sweeten it with a little sugar. I also drink milk a couple of times a day.

I did find this site that give a couple of fruit drinks you can try. Google Disney Low sugar drinks for kids.

Sugarhill

I drink mostly water during the day. I make my kids drink water and some milk. They get bored with drinking water so often. Occasionally I will allow some juice, but I prefer to stay away from the sugary stuff. What do you do?

I saw the previous mention of 100% juice. I thought I give a specific brand for you to look for. Try Northland Juice. Pretty much every flavor that I've ever seen is 100% of whatever combination of the fruits they are using.

I usually just drink the cranberry, but they have other flavors.

As to my vice, I drink way too much sweet iced tea. It doesn't matter if it's Lipton iced tea mix, Trader Joe's Iced Tea or the lesser quality variations that are in between those quality levels. I just love iced tea.

Fortunately, when I put my mind to it, I can wean myself off of it and return to a regular regimen of water. I used to drink, at minimum, a gallon a day. I just have to return to that and lessen the iced tea intake.

I go back and forth.

I drink lots of water and coffee and some tea. My kids drink mostly water although they get annoyed with me for enforcing this. When they don't drink water it's usually milk or tea, and sometimes hot chocolate.

tiff

Mostly water for me as well. Other than that, I drink tea. I love,love,love peppermint tea! And chamomile tea in the evening, to keep me relaxed and prepare me for a good night's sleep.

Lena51

I drink coffee, a total health drink, water and juice. Water is very refreshing but if you mix the water with the total health drink it's like having vitamin water. I drink a lot of tea that's really refreshing to the thirst. I like flavors like the love tea, ginger, green, peppermint, black, sage and several other flavors.

gidget

I really should drink more water. I drink way too much Dr Pepper, and it has to be fountain, I'm kind of a spoiled girl!

misumaru15

I need to increase my water. I have been slacking. I have had a few cans of soda. But I love iced tea. Summer is coming and time to indulge my love of this drink.