Waterless Soap?

WillieR

Does anyone here have any idea how one would make a waterless soap? I would love to make some to keep in our car for use when we eat fast food. I would prefer the family be able to wash our hands before we dig in to our burgers when we are eating in the car on the way somewhere.

chabella

All Lady
I am still trying to make up my mind about this one, I have read both good and bad stories about it. I am wanting to know if it is possible to remove all of the icky stuff or not since that seems to be the biggest debate.

Primrose

Have you considered hand sanitizer? I know it's not like washing with soap and water but it's a quick, temporary fix. I haven't heard of waterless soap. If you find out how to make it, please share with us.

jolee

I don't have any suggestions on how to make your own; but there is a waterless face wash made by Cetaphil. It can be used with or without water. It's like rubbing on lotion and then wiping it off with a cloth or tissue, etc. I like how it works for my face. I bet it would work quite well on hands, too.

herbalnut

I have not before seen a way to make a waterless soap. However, there are tutorials out on the internet on how to make your own hand sanitizer. That way you could choose what to put in it. Is that what you were trying to find? It seems fairly easy to make with very few ingredients.

Elberberry

I make my own hand sanitizer using a recipe I got off of the internet. I really like it. I change up the essential oils in it to get whatever scent I want.

chabella

All Lady
I found this online and you might be able to do the trick with it but I can not guarantee that is is 100% when it comes to cleaning everything. Maybe someone can try it out to see how well it does?

1/4 c. Aloe gel
3/4 c. isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol
2 Tbsp mineral oil
4-8 drops lavender, peppermint, or other fragrant oil

Mix well and pour into small plastic bottles. Shake before using.

Aconite

I didn't even know they had waterless soap. I don't think I would really like to use it that much because I like washing my hands in hot water, it feels good.

chabella

All Lady
I think I am going to try that recipe out this week, I kind of forgot about it after I posted it and today at the doctor's office. Oh my! I tried their waterless soap and it was horrible.

kristinafisher3

There's a book called Making Liquid Soap. It has a baby shampoo in it that is made of oil. It makes sense to me that it wouldn't have to be washed in water and that it could just absorb and be wiped off with a towel. Just thinking outside of the box a bit, but I'm willing to be that you could mix that with an antibacterial ingredient to make an excellent waterless soap.

kristinafisher3

Here is the recipe for "Soapless shampoo" - 1 cup sulfonated castor oil, 1 tbsp glycerin, 1 tbsp mineral oil or baby oil, fragrance of choice - Mix together all ingredients for half a minute to homogenize. Because sulfonated castor oil is so soluble, heating of the oils is not necessary. Add fragrance. Use as you would a normal shampoo.