Visualization

PaloVerde

I have been using visualization to manage stress and take me to my "happy place" when things get rough. I suffer from chronic pain and it does seem to help me get centered and focus my thoughts in another direction.

Does anyone else here use visualization?

Aconite

Yes I do and have been for a little while now. Whether for pain management, or achieving goals, I think it can work very well for those interested. Many top notch athletes also use it because it trains your mind and your body to move into that direction for the success you desire. What do you use to meditate? A guided voice meditation or something like storm sounds?

PaloVerde

I first tried it many years ago and I had a guided voice meditation CD. Then, for some reason, I stopped doing it for a very long time until a few months ago. This time I haven't been relying on any outside sources. I just close my eyes and try to shut everything else out. I figure that it would be more helpful for me to be able to do it anywhere I might be, especially for managing pain.

Hyacinth

I have yet to adopt the use of mental imagery to help reduce stress or manage anxiety. I have tried doing it a couple of times, but I feel that I wasn't that successful with it. It was quite challenging for me to shut everything else out. I guess I have to do it more often to get the hang of it.

PaloVerde

It does take practice. Consider it a daydream that has a goal. Usually I see myself sitting on a bench by a small lake and I am focusing my attention on the light reflecting off the ripples in the water.

paula

I used it to CURE my cancer I visualized my tumer as a scared teenager yes I did do chemotherapy as well but I think it was the visualization that made the difference between my being cured and dieing