Using old t-shirts

freshfoodie

We usually use up old t-shirts as rags, but I came across some great patterns to use them for homemade rugs and bracelets. Has anyone ever used them this way? I can't wait to give it a try.

Aletha

Thanks for the link, I can't wait to try some of the patterns there. I use some of my old t-shirts that are 100% cotton, for home made dryer sheets. Just cut them up the size of a wash cloth, pour fabric softener on them and stick them in the dryer with the clothes. It works like a charm and I don't have to buy those dryer sheets anymore. A bottle of fabric softener now goes a lot farther.

Those were some great ideas to use old t-shirts for. I like what you do with yours Aletha, I hadn't thought about doing something like that before.

freshfoodie

Aletha, that is a great idea for using old t-shirts. I had never even thought about how many different uses there were for my SO's ratty old undershirts. I am definitely going to be getting more creative with them from now on.

Primrose

Thanks for the link. It gives me something to think about doing this winter. Old T-shirts can be used in quilts too. That seems to be the big fad around here right now. Take all of your child's old T-shirts that he got for being on a team or running in a race or whatever and have have them made into a quilt to take to college with him. It's a neat idea and I've seen some really cute ones.

Luvkenny

That is a pretty cool idea. We too use old t-shirts for rags. I never thought about making rugs or anything else with them. I did keep some of my kids old clothes and make quilts. They turned out nice.

kamcalli

After a friend of mine passed last year his sister setup all of his favorite t-shirts and made a quilt of them, it looked wonderful one she finished it up. We kept it during his wake and everyone that came in the door felt like a part of him was there with us (he was known for his crazy shirts).