Using my timer to force the exercise

Lucinda

I'm on a kick at last. I set my timer by my computer for an hour. At the end of the hour, I reset it for twenty minutes. During those 20 minutes I have to walk, do sit-ups, leg lifts, various exercises, get water and take a quick trip to the bathroom before I can get back on my computer. So far it's at least got me moving.

chabella

All Lady
Very good use out of a simple tool, and it reminds me that I need to pick up a new kitchen timer too. I can not wait until I can exercise again, I kind of miss it if you could believe that!

Sage

Great idea! I use a timer, but it is more to force myself to take a break from the computer. I have discovered that when I am on one all day, it really dries my eyes out.

Lilly

That is a great idea Lucinda. I work from home, and other than chasing after the kids all day I don't get as much exercise as I need.

freshfoodie

I think that is a great idea to get you up and moving. I haven't been getting much exercise lately because I have been having a lot of trouble with my back in the last few months. I am going to start up again soon though.

Lyra

That is a wonderful idea. Easy to implement. I'm going to think of how I can incorporate that idea into my routine. I may need a new timer, though. My kitchen timer is a little temperamental.

SoftRain

I like your idea. That's a great way to get a lot of exercise throughout the day. I may incorporate it into my routine as well, at least on non-gym days.

Hedda

I know that I sit much too much, especially during the winter. I am a full-time student doing a curriculum that is mostly computer-based. I think the strategy of using a timer is a great way to interspese activity with sitting.

Claudette

I have gone through three of those little timers Fly Lady sells. I like them because I can slip them in my pocket and because they are easy to stop and start. I wish they lasted longer.

Luvkenny

Great idea! I can't sit at my computer for an hour. My body tells me when I need to get up. Its great that you have a system that works for you. I make myself go to the gym each night.

Claudette

I use a timer all the time and it really helps me get in a little exercise. It also helps me get things done around the house when I set it off. I feel I can do anything in 15 minutes, so I'll set it for 15 minutes and schedule a chore I don't want to do in that time.