Upset Stomach?

NeedToLearnMore

Are there some good Herbs or teas to take for an upset stomach? Mine has been acting up for a couple of days now and was just wondering if there was something natural that I could take for it? Any suggestions?

rayne

Ginger. I have heard that ginger will help to calm your stomach. Ginger tea or shaved ginger root. The kind you get in a chinese restaurant.

ThymeforRodney

Golden seal or peppermint will help too. Golden seal is very bitter though so you need to find some in capsules to take. I used to take this for nausea a great deal and it worked fine. The peppermint is a bit more pleasant though and can be sipped to get it down if necessary.

Cassia

When I have stomach discomfort, I usually have a cup of ginger ale, chamomile or peppermint tea. These have a calming and soothing effect to the stomach.

NeedToLearnMore

Thank you all for your replies, they are very much appreciated! They all sound like they will help. I'm thinking I might try to drink some ginger ale, which I haven't had in years. I will also pick up some of the other things that were mentioned just to have on hand. Thanks again. (and it's still acting up some this morning)

konstantina

Chamomile is very soothing and is also good for period pains. Sage is also good if you like the smell, it is not abad at all, but it is very intense

When my stomach goes out of sync, so to say, I normally go on a strict diet of hot Chinese tea for a day or two. My idea is to flush out whatever is creating the chaos in my alimentary canal.

Carolynn

Ginger ale and peppermint teas were my staples when I had morning sickness and nausea. I have heard that ginger candy you can get at Whole Foods works wonders as well, and you can just throw some in your purse for when you need it.

BonnyC

I like ginger ale for nausea, also. It won't help if you're dealing with indigestion like gas or heartburn, though. The soda is too acidic and carbonation can help relieve gas if it makes you burp, but it can make it worse, too.

My husband has IBS and if he is nauseous or he has a sour stomach, peppermint tea has been really helpful. If you're bloated, it could be due to constipation and prunes/prune juice can give you some relief. If you're just bloated from retaining water, drinking extra water is a good idea.

And remember that you should try to treat the cause, not just the symptoms. It's always good to get some relief, though.

I've also heard that ginger helps your upset stomach. Many people drink ginger ale to help them feel better when they have the flu. When I'm not feeling so great I use powdered ginger in a lot of my recipes. Ginger also has a lot of health benefits as well.

amy71219

I know that ginger and peppermint are both good for upset stomachs. I usually drink ginger ale and peppermint tea when my stomach's not feeling the best.

shaunche

Chamomile tea can relieve an upset stomach. Chamomile tea contains antioxidants and antimicrobial properties which can help stomach problems.

dissn_it

The ones I thought of have already been mentioned. Chamomile, ginger and peppermint. Another thing that can help an upset stomach is the old fashioned saltine crackers. I used to nibble on them for morning sickness when I was pregnant and the crackers really do help.