Unhealthy cleaning products

Claudette

I was just reading through the list of cleaning products in the EWG Hall of Shame. I use a number of cleaning products on the list. It's time to check those labels and see if I can find a substitute for some of them.

BettyKane

I'm sure there are many products out there that we use and think nothing about it. I'll have to go check out that list and see what I'm using that I probably shouldn't be.

Claudette

It's the Scrubbing Bubbles I most hate to give up. I love that stuff and the way it cleans the bathroom. There's something about the fizz and easy wipe-off that I've grown used to over the years. I even like the smell.

SoftRain

I switched to vinegar and water (and sometimes baking soda) quite awhile ago and am happy with the change. I do miss soft scrub and toilet bowl cleaner at times, but it's nice to not worry about inhaling harmful fumes or anything.

Cassia

As much as possible, I try to avoid using those cleaning products. I have vinegar, baking, soda, and lemon as safer and natural alternatives though there are times when I am faced with really stubborn dirt, so I am forced to use the commercial cleaning products.

Trudy

I've been on a cleaning spree this week. I've gone with vinegar, banking soda and lemon for most things. I also set a pot of boiling water on the stove and dip a cleaning cloth into it as I'm wiping down the surfaces. The rag is really hot, so I use protective covering for my hands. It may be going overboard, but I love the feeling after I've finished.

Lyra

I switched to vinegar and water (and sometimes baking soda) quite awhile ago and am happy with the change. I do miss soft scrub and toilet bowl cleaner at times, but it's nice to not worry about inhaling harmful fumes or anything.
I feel exactly the same. And even if you do occasionally have to use something stronger, think of all the times you were able to avoid using harsher chemicals. It was surprising to me how well natural alternatives worked when I switched.