Too much Vitamin B

lolli

I am going to start taking Vitamin B but I have not had my levels checked yet. Will it hurt me if I have enough Vitamin B in my system already if I start taking a pill too? I really want to get rid of this sluggish feeling and I don't have a doctor appointment until August 29th.

rayne

It's my understanding that if you have too much of something, your body will just flush it. It may be wise to have some blood work done in the near future though. Your sluggishness could be a sign of something else.

lolli

I agree that it could be something else. I have an appointment set up for the end of August. There has to be something making me so sluggish. Last night at Zumba I did not think I would make it through. Zumba usually gives me energy.

Carol Kenny

Excess of B6 can cause nervous system damage. Both B6 and B12 can cause severe health problem. Consult the doctor for the amount required for your body.

Lyra

The caution against B6 is not to take too much synthetic B6 per day. You can't have too much, absorbed from food sources. Upper limits of vitamins are for synthetic vitamins.

Hope you are feeling better by now, lolli.