Things to consider before getting the flu vaccine

Aconite

chabella

All Lady
I am not really sure what to say about it. For the past ten years, maybe even fifteen I have not gotten a shot. Every year I managed to get sick, even during the years I took vitamins. This year I got the shot and I am not sick other than normal sinus issues. What works for some may not always work for all.

Lyra

I'm with you, Aconite. There are many risks to taking the flu vaccine that are not advertised by the CDC or your doctor. Also, take notice this flu season how they hype how important it is that everyone get it, yet the actual numbers of how many get the confirmed flu is pretty low every year, while the vaccination rate is not as high as you'd expect. In other words, most of us aren't getting the actual flu anyway. Just getting a respiratory illness is not the same as contracting the flu. That has to be confirmed by a lab test.

freshfoodie

I have not had the flu in years and I refuse to get the shot. I know far too many people who have received the vaccine and then ended up sick. I will just stick with home remedies if I get sick.

lolli

I wish I could have refused the flu shot. Where I work I have to have one. If I don't get one I cannot work during flu season. I need the money so I got one. This is my second year of getting them.

Aconite

I am not really sure what to say about it. For the past ten years, maybe even fifteen I have not gotten a shot. Every year I managed to get sick, even during the years I took vitamins. This year I got the shot and I am not sick other than normal sinus issues. What works for some may not always work for all.
All I can say about that is you might be taking low quality vitamins and supplements. There are a lot of them out there. You also might not be taking enough of one certain thing to keep your immune system ready.

Lilly

You couldn't pay me to take the flu shot, and Aconite is right there are many unadvertised side effects and even deaths that have occurred after getting the flu vaccine. Why take that risk for something that is likely to be ineffective?

deb

I have never taken the flu shot and the last time I had the flu was 40 years ago. I have no plans to ever take the shot.