Thieve's Oil

Patchouli

Some friends of mine recommended Thieves Oil to me last winter during the whole "swine flu" scare. I never had the opportunity to use it, but I still have it. Has anyone else used this successfully to cure an illness?

wanderingherb

It doesn't cure illness. This is the story on theives blend. During the black plaque doctors wore beak like shaped masks to "filter" out any illness when around sick individuals. It was documented that very few if any of the doctors who used these masks became ill. It was also document what type of herbs and oils they stuffed into the mask in hopes of preventing catching the illness. Now, thieves were predominant at this time and took what they could from the dead. They blended the herbs themselves with their knowledge so they would not "catch" the plaque as they stole from the dead. This too was documented.

Hence those combinations were created into an e.o. blend called theives blend.

It does not cure illness but is used as a filtering type of situation to kill germs in the air! Using either a cotton ball to smell it or diffusing it in the air.

wanderingherb

Hedda

That is quite fascinating and quite amazing. So there is something about the formula used that helps to prevent being infected? Does it have any widespread usage anywhere in the world currently? Is there a good use for this today?

wanderingherb

Yes it is used. There are different versions. I've noticed all of them revolve around spices such as cloves and such. These were spices popular in that day and age.

Many individuals, including me, have used this just by diffusing it in the air or opening the lid and waving it under your nose. It is believed to "rid" the air of bad germs. Germs that make us sick. It actually smells very nice. You'll find in all versions the predominant scent is that of cloves! An antiseptic amongst many other things.

Or that has been my experience.

wanderingherb