The sweetest scandal in the history of American health

soursop

Taken from THE DAILY DOSE by Dr. William Campbell Douglass II, MD

The sweetest scandal in the history of American health

Ever wonder what our former Secretary of Defense did before he got into politics?

Well years ago, he was the fearless leader of a company called GD Searle Corp. that developed a "miracle sweetener" called aspartame. (Yes, the same stuff in those little blue packets.)

For years, this company tried in vain to get aspartame approved. But no one wanted to go near the stuff! The FDA refused to approve it for 16 years.

Then, in the early '80s, "Rummy the Magnificent" moved into the political arena. And one of the first moves he made was to appoint a new FDA commissioner. In 1981, the new appointee approved aspartame for the good old boys back at GD Searle... despite the clinically proven dangers.

Before long, aspartame was everywhere, from soda to salad dressing! Now let's look at what it's "contributed" to America 's health...

After receiving some 10,000 consumer complaints, the FDA compiled a list of 92 symptoms linked to aspartame -- including death.

Other symptoms include headaches, memory loss, seizures, vision loss, coma, and cancer. It also appears to worsen or mimic the symptoms of such conditions as fibromyalgia, MS, lupus, ADD, diabetes, Alzheimer's, chronic fatigue, and depression.. .

Why so many? It could be because aspartame attacks your body at the cellular level so it can negate all kinds of medications Americans take, including antidepressants, Coumadin, cardiac drugs, hormones, insulin, vaccines, and many others.

It is a deadly neurotoxic drug masquerading as a harmless additive.

I can hear you asking: " Ok Dr. Douglass, so what can I sprinkle into my coffee?"

Let's run through the usual suspects then I'll tell you what I've been using...

SUGAR: A spoonful once in a while is fine, but in time, too much sugar can lead to diabetes, which will lead to heart disease, renal disease, peripheral vascular disease, diabetic retinitis (blindness), diabetic peripheral neuropathy and the list goes on and on. (Even so, next to aspartame, sugar looks almost attractive!)

SUCRALOSE: A very dangerous new chemical -- because in order to make sucralose, chlorine is added to sugar! Ever spilled chlorine bleach on your skin? No wonder that research by the Sucralose Toxicity Information Center showed that years of sucralose use can lead to serious compromise of the immune system and neurological disorders.

SACCHARINE: Yuck. Despite those famous animal studies, I actually don't count saccharine as much of a cancer threat to humans. But face it, saccharine tastes like the chemical experiment it is. Enough said.

STEVIA: Yes, it's natural. Yes, it's safe. But no, it tastes nothing like sugar. Okay for some, but not in my coffee!

AND THE WINNER IS:

You've probably never heard of it. It's called erythritol. And here's the best news: erythritol is natural, virtually calorie-free, tastes like sugar, doesn't affect blood sugar or insulin levels, reduces dental plaque -- and unlike xylitol, has no laxative side-effects. Available as Smart Sweet, it gets the Dr. Douglass nod!

The food giants would certainly like to keep these discoveries hush-hush. But now that you know the facts, you can kiss those killer blue packets good-bye forever -- and satisfy that sweet tooth with a delicious, natural, safe alternative.

Yours in good health,

William Campbell Douglass II, MD

boobah

I drink my coffee black and try not to use sweeteners. I will check out erythrtitol though. The day I stopped using appertain was the day that I was in a factory that makes it and the large vats they used to mix it had huge holes in it. They explained that the ascertain actually made those huge holes in the metal vats. I thought, if it can do it to metal what is it doing to me?

CrunchyMama

Another thing about aspartame and it's sudden approval is that places like Coca-Cola were selling pop containing aspartame within a week of its approval. It takes them longer than a week to make and bottle their product, if I've been told correctly! That means someone there KNEW it was going to be approved before it was. There's definitely shady doings surrounding that poisonous stuff.

Sometimes the evil that is done in politics and business totally blows me away. It's just sad what people will do for money, including harming and killing (and I don't mean with guns and knives) other people. Thank you for posting that article, soursop. I'm definitely going to look into buying erythrtitol, not to replace aspartame because I've never used it, but sugar.

ThymeforRodney

I have been cautious about using artificial sweetners too. I just don't feel well if I use it. I read a study once that says the body changes aspartame to formaldehyde and then to formic acid which is the venom that fire ants sting with. Here's a small portion of an email a friend sent me a while back

"When the temperature of this sweetener exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in ASPARTAME converts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn causes metabolic acidosis.
Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants. The methanol toxicity
mimics, among other conditions, multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus."

I find it disturbing that these substances are still being allowed to be sold in the US.

Thyme

I go always for sugar. I wish I could get away from it but I am hooked. I will try to find more about erythritol.

There are so many things being sold in the US that are so bad for our health. I am trying really not to buy anything with high fructose corn syrup. However, it seems that it is every where.

ThymeforRodney

I agree Thyme. It is a shame that the FDA allows companies to sell these things without proper testing done. They have no idea of what the long term effects of these artificial sweeteners may be. Think about the Vioxx scandal several years back.

remidies

Has anyone emailed or faxed this information to the soda companies that make my favorite diet soft drinks. I am sure they could use a new marketing campaign.