Tendons Healing?

2Nature

Do you know how long does it take for strained tendons to heal? It is just a minor strain and I'm not sure for how long do I need to pause my workouts.

chabella

All Lady
How much pain are you in from the strain? I think it depends on the severity of it. If you are almost ready to cry then it is pretty bad and I would avoid any workouts myself. If it is very light I would simmer down on some of the exercises you are doing to not make it worse. You might be able to change up your routine to avoid the injured area too.

freshfoodie

I would wait at least a week. If the strain is more serious though it might take longer to heal. Just make sure to ice it several times a day and try to stay off of it as much as possible.

Cobbler

I want to say 2 weeks, but don't quote me on that. Whenever something like that happens to me I alternate ice with a heating pad. It "works" the muscles with contractions and expansions, without you having to get up and work them yourself. Good luck.

aunaturel

Tendons can take up to a year to heal, but it depends on how severe the damage is. Ligaments and tendons take the longest to heal of just about any tissue in the body.

2Nature

Tendons can take up to a year to heal, but it depends on how severe the damage is. Ligaments and tendons take the longest to heal of just about any tissue in the body.
I heard about that. It's a minor strain but it's in my shoulder and it is very annoying. I can't work a lot of exercises without the shoulder reminding me how it hurts.

You seem to have done some muscle analysis so ask how are you stretching the muscle and could this be twisting or compressing the spine and lower lumbar disks (which would cause the stretching to make the situation worse)? There are ways to stretch a muscle that may be isolated to that muscle (e.g. laying down and using a towel) but you would need to do some research and suggest you see a Physical Therapist if possible.