Tea Tree Oil for Fungal Infections

ThymeforRodney

As long as it is topical, tea tree oil several times a day to the area the fungus has affected is a great cure. The oil smells botanical so it smells great and you can tell the difference in a few days with continued use. You have to use it longer than a drugstore anti-fungal but it does work.

ginseng

This is most helpful to get rid of the fungus on my fingernail. I have tried every herbal remedy I heard of, but nothing seems to work. Maybe I was also too impatient.

wanderingherb

oil of oregano will also help some fungal issues. But be sure to use it diluted if need be. Sometimes if real bad, believe it or not a good epsom salt soak then applying to product helps. It softens the surrounding affected tissue. But...it can also sting to high heaven. So be careful.

Keep your feet or nails very dry, and if you use rubber gloves, be sure to turn them inside out for a good drying and replace as often as you can. You can use essential oil if you'd like to clean the tips of your gloves.

Bergamont foot powder is also helpful in keeping bacteria down. Essential oil in arrowroot powder works real well.

Wanderingherb

ThymeforRodney

Thanks for that wanderingherb! I hadn't heard that about oil of oregano. I may have to try that for myself the next time I get athlete's foot. I work in sneakers so I have it sometimes 2 to 3 times a year. The Tea Tree Oil was the only thing that was working for me there for a while but I'll try the oil of oregano.

Bob67

I used tea tree oil when I had a scalp condition in which little "zits" would form, enlarge, burst and leave dry, scabby "crusts" on my scalp. It seemed to help somewhat and they eventually went away.

Whitecrow

I've discovered, purely by trial and error (I was out of tea tree), that neem oil is a good remedy for athlete's foot.