Strong deodorent

chabella

All Lady
Has anyone heard of a brand called Tom's? I am looking for something that is strong and can work in even the hottest conditions, most over the counter types seldom work and he can sweat right through them. Any help would be appreciated.

Lyra

I don't think Tom's is what you are looking for, if what you need is a strong deodorant. I think some of the Tom's brand scents actually make me smell worse. Homemade deodorants work well for me, but I am sensitive to the baking soda in them, so I can only use them a few days a week. I have to use commercial preparations otherwise.

Primrose

If Tom's is not what chabella is looking for, then what is a good strong deoderant? I have a teenager in my life that really could use it. We've tried several over the counter brands and nothing has worked so far.

chabella

All Lady
It is not for me but for a friend of mine, her husband has a sweat issue. I feel bad for the poor guy as he has been to a few doctors already and no one can seem to figure it out. I think some of the store ones are okay for most I can use the Dove for women that helps with shave burns but I can not use any other Dove product or I break out. The only strong store one that I had success with was Degree and the super strength one when I worked in a steak kitchen years ago. With her husband most store brands will break him out and they are both at their wit's end since the doctors are clueless.

Hedda

Tom's is just a deoderant, not an anti-perspirant. I was experiencing terrible hot flashes and it was recommended to NOT use an anti-perspirant so that by sweating my body could stay cooled off. Tom's is nice because it is made of natural ingredients, but it won't do anything to prevent sweating.

Greenwoman

My brother is a deodorant connoisseur and he has practically tried almost every brand of deodorant because he has sweating problems. I think the brands that he uses the most is Degree and another brand that has baking soda in it. I'll ask for certain what brand works the best, though.

chabella

All Lady
That would be great as right now I am still on the hunt. I have a feeling that his deodorant issues are similar to my lotion issues, only a few brands work and those that don't end up making it twice as worse. I remember once I tried a new brand of lotion and instead of helping to sooth the dry skin it did the opposite so I was worse off after I tried it, feeling like a little lizard.

Greenwoman

I asked him last night about what works and what doesn't. The baking soda brand is Arm and Hammer, and he said that that was the brand that works best for him.

Primrose

After doing a little research, I found that "Degree" anti-perspirant is a number one choice for teenagers these day. It is supposed to help with the odor as well as keep them dry. I surely do hope it works on this teenager in my life.