Store bought vs Homemade?

DixieMarie

I've never really made candles before, hope to start soon though. But, I was wondering would you perfer to get pretty homemade candles or the store bought ones? Does one last longer then the other? I have a chance to purchase some homemade ones for gifts and am hoping that they last as long.

NeedToLearnMore

I just love candles myself so any kind is ok with me that has a nice scent to them. But, I think getting some that you knew were homemade and given to you as a present would probably mean more.

gmommy

I prefer anything homemade over store bought because it means the person who made it was thinking about me the whole time and took the effort to make me something nice. It is much more appreciated than bought things.

Wellwishing

I would always prefer homemade candles even if the person who gave them to me didn't actually make them. Not all people are like that though. There are some who seem to think what matters is the cost of things or whether they fit their decor perfectly or not. I'd look carefully at the person you are giving them too to see if they would appreciate them or not.

Cathy

There are so many beautiful store-bought candles out there that I haven't even thought of making my own. I would love to know more about what others are doing. The homemade ones would make great gifts.