Staying away from news!

lolli

Along with removing people that cause drama I am also staying away from the news. I wish the newscasters would report more on the good things that happen everyday. I limit my time to 15 minutes each day. This makes me feel better and have a better outlook on life.

SoftRain

I enjoy watching the news but I totally understand your perspective. After awhile I have to take breaks too, just for my own mental health.

Alli

I do my best to stay away from the news on television and newspapers. My co-workers tell me all about the bad stuff that goes on any way so no need to hear it twice. They are amazed when they ask me if I heard about this or that and I tell them no. So they proceed to tell me all about it.

chabella

All Lady
I read more of the news than I watch it anymore. I can not even stand to hear it on the radio, in text is fine, anything else just drives me up the wall. Watching it is the worst of it, nothing can make my cry like the news can.

Lyra

I won't watch the news anymore. It is so depressing. And I believe it gives us a false perspective on danger in our world. We have no concept of how many people are in this country. So if we hear of terrible crimes even once a week, it seems like a big crime wave, when the chances of being the victim of a terrible crime are still very, very low, statistically.

freshfoodie

I do not watch my local news station because it is almost always about murders, robberies, etc. I do however get enjoyment out of watching national news and listening to the varying perspectives on national and global issues.

Myrrh

One of the things that make up my morning is watching the news. I know it can be depressing, but I feel like I have to be at least aware of what's going on nationally and globally.

Aconite

I check things out online every day when I wake up. I'll just roll through the news feed that's trending and that's enough for me. I can't stand when people sit there and watch morning talk shows which are nothing but negativity, product placements, and advertisements. I refuse to watch political talk shows anymore either.

lolli

I do go to CNN.com and NBCNews.com each day. I do agree that we need to keep up to date with our world news. I guess this way I don't have to read about things that bother me. I get to pick and choose what I hear or read.

Aconite

That's the thing I hate about the news. Not only is it visual, but it's auditory as well. So, they're basically pummeling you with negativity on 2 different senses! They just hammer you with this crap and I just can't take it. So, I opt out of it altogether.

At least when I read stories online, I can pick and choose what to see, and I don't have to listen to someone complain about it for 10 minutes at a time.

lolli

That is exactly what I'm saying Aconite. Pick and choose what I want to read. If I start to read something and don't want to finish I just click off. If you are listening to the news they just ramble on and on.