Sore throat

Lyra

I have had an off and on sore throat for the past week. It goes away for a few days then comes back. I can't figure out if it is sinus related or some sort of low-level virus I'm just working on kicking. The days I have it, I feel so blah and lacking in energy.

StarGazer

Allergies can do this, too, and can definitely cause the blahness and fatigue. This is the beginning of hayfever season for most people, depending on where you are, or it could still be tree pollen. Try an allergy pill like Benadryl and see if it helps.

Cassia

Last Sunday, my throat started to feel scratchy and painful. Monday morning, I woke up with body pains, and I kept sneezing the whole day. After accomplishing all my tasks for the day, I went straight to bed and had a long sleep. I felt better the next morning, so I guess I just needed to rest my body.

Cobbler

I have had an off and on sore throat for the past week. It goes away for a few days then comes back. I can't figure out if it is sinus related or some sort of low-level virus I'm just working on kicking. The days I have it, I feel so blah and lacking in energy.
It sounds like a virus if it's inconsistent like that. I would just rest and re-group. These things tend to happen when you try to take on more than you're used to.

Primrose

It has to be your sinuses Lyra. I experience the same thing when mine act up. One day the sore throat is there and the next day it's gone usually followed by a sinus headache. This year has been terrible for allergies.

Lyra

Believe it or not, I think it was a virus after all. I was talking with a lady in my Sunday school class this morning, explaining why I'd been out the past two Sundays. She told me several people at her offices were out with the same thing. My kids ended up having the same thing.

freshfoodie

That doesn't necessarily mean it's a virus since a lot of people suffer from allergies, some without ever knowing. I am glad that you are feeling better though. I have been miserable with allergies for about a month and it doesn't seem to matter what I take, it doesn't help.

Lyra

Yes, that's true. But the progression of symptoms others in the community have had, and the inclusion of the stomach symptoms,, to me, point to a virus. The other part of that is that my and my kids were all taking allergy medicine daily. We are pretty familiar with our normal allergy symptoms.