Soap Making

Joyce

I plan to make a batch of Halloween Scented Soap this weekend from natural sources. My black will be from activated charcoal for color and ground aniseed and aniseed Essential oil for scent and the orange will be ground dehydrated carrot for color and sweet orange for scent.

Richard

That sounds kind of nifty, do you plan on selling any? Do you think drops of actual orange juice would work in that? That would smell great.

sammie

I have never tried this before but I heard that its not too hard to try out if you are not trying to mash too many things into one type of soap. How much though of the carrot do you actually smell once its complete?

paul

Do you think drops of actual orange juice would work in that? That would smell great.
If you divided your liquid up and used half with the lye instead of water use orange juice and then add the rest at trace it should sent it with faint smell of orange juice.

Joyce

I have never tried this before but I heard that its not too hard to try out if you are not trying to mash too many things into one type of soap. How much though of the carrot do you actually smell once its complete?
It is not overly hard at all, I usually put some fruit/veggies in each batch unless it is unscented or baby soap. I mix cranberries with cinnamon and ginger, pumpkin with pumpkin pie spice, apple juice with cinnamon and cardamom, etc.

There is a faint smell of carrot, I used it more for color than scent.

And to answer the previous question, I do sell them.

SageThinker

Nice! I love soaps. My wife gets me some that has a Rosemary and lavender scent. I have trouble sleeping so I use this before I go to bed and it does help some.

paul

I have one my wife purchased, Rosemary and Lime, it smells divine, very nice for first thing in the morning and getting you going almost better than coffee.

Joyce

Sagethinker, ever thought of making your own soap? It is really not that hard and once you try it you will never go back to the stuff you buy in the stores.

jason

Have a great day
wow, is there a way to translate that to English? I am not even sure what language that is in.
That was just some spam that managed to get through. We have been getting hit hard this month. I'm working on some further steps to combat the issue.

Joyce

ok, that is crazy! Thanks for taking care of all the spam, or at least trying your best, it makes a difference to a the members.

Nature

Chillin Under SummerLight
ash from coal mixed with water makes lye so be careful

or was that ash from tree coal

Joyce

Ash from coal makes lye, but it is not easy to do on your own so I buy Lye from the hardware store. At least if I buy it, I know how strong it is.