Soap for Teeth

ohiotom76

The only thing about hydrogen peroxide that I don't like is that it foams up like crazy in your mouth. Even after I spit it out and gargle with water a few more times to get it all out, it continues to foam up all over my gums.

Esperahol

The only thing about hydrogen peroxide that I don't like is that it foams up like crazy in your mouth. Even after I spit it out and gargle with water a few more times to get it all out, it continues to foam up all over my gums.
While annoying it is an excellent indicator of wheter or not you have gotten your mouth entirely clean (for the moment). The more foaming you have the worse a job you have done, the less and the better you've done. I find that after a really good brushing I really only need to give a quick rinse so I'm done.

Beth23

I have never used soap. It sounds gross but I do use a natural organic tooth paste made by "Toms". Its expensive though. I wish I could find more recipes for making your own natural tooth paste (without using soap)

Beth

Kaybee517

I'm sorry I can't imagine using teeth soap. I remember just one time as a kid I swore and my mother made me lick a bar of soap. I will never forget that feeling of soap in my mouth so I can't say I'd try this, but I can atest to the baking soda and peroxide method. It's a great way to whiten your teeth too.

gar

Nay! so the regular colgate that claims they're hardening our teeth isn't actually true?
The soap is a pricey though.

Basil Nut

I've never heard of using soap on the teeth. I have a lot of tooth problems and go with a special prescription toothpaste my dentist prescribes. I am curious about the soap.

gina121

I've read some good reviews of soap chips for teeth. I'm inclined to try it too, but am skeptical of the soapy taste when brushing.

FirstBaby2011

This is an interesting thread! I have never tried tooth soap, but I make my own toothpaste composed of baking soda and coconut oil. The taste is something to get used to, but it actually leaves my teeth feeling cleaner than commercial toothpaste.

ghanashyam

Banned
Teeth brushing with soap is a new thing, never heard such a thing here in India. People may not like it. In India, toothpaste with Aryuvedic touch i.e neem oil and paste made from cloves are gaining popularity. Try it.

shaunche

What is saponified? I'm assuming it's the process which hardens the oils but I'm not sure.

I do think fluoride is harmful, as are the other ingredients found in toothpaste. I use baking soda to clean my teeth, an excellent natural cleaner.

beckyv1265

The foaming is in response to the peroxide killing germs or if your gums are bleeding. Once you rince well then all the peroxide will get washed away.

Aletha

We used to use baking soda and salt mixed if we ran out of toothpaste when I was a kid. It's not bad and really, I prefer it to toothpaste. It did a very good job too. I've never tried to use hydrogen peroxide but I'd say it's just as good as toothpaste.