Sleep Is Critical For Brain Detoxification

lolli

That makes sense. Thanks for sharing this article with us. I knew that we needed sleep. I do feel healthier when I get at least 7 hours. My brain feels refreshed too and now I know why!

Alli

My husband is a walking testimony to this fact Aconite. Before he was diagnosed with sleep apnea, he would fall asleep at the drop of a hat. This included behind the wheel of a car. He had one accident and many near misses. I ended up doing most of the driving and made sure his life insurance policy was paid. Some stubborn men will not go to the doctor. Now that he has a C-Pap machine, he is functioning much better. Sound sleep is essential to health. Don't let anybody tell you different.

Lyra

Wow, that is so interesting. I read another article recently that talked about a study showing that plenty of sleep is critical for proper brain development for children. The frightening thing about that is that few children are getting the sleep they need!

Myrrh

Enough sleep is indeed essential. I read somewhere that during sleep, the brain sort of rewires or resets itself, so that it can function better or process information by the time you wake up. I know how lack of sleep can affect one's performance during the day. I try to get at least 7 hours of sleep, but most of the time, I get only 6.

Aconite

My husband is a walking testimony to this fact Aconite. Before he was diagnosed with sleep apnea, he would fall asleep at the drop of a hat. This included behind the wheel of a car. He had one accident and many near misses. I ended up doing most of the driving and made sure his life insurance policy was paid. Some stubborn men will not go to the doctor. Now that he has a C-Pap machine, he is functioning much better. Sound sleep is essential to health. Don't let anybody tell you different.
Wow, that is kind of scary. But in reality, I've heard about this time and time again. One thing I will suggest is, to see if he has a lot of nasal problems. My dad has this too but I got mine fixed. A deviated septum can cause chronic sinusitis, sinus infections, and eventually, you guessed it: sleep apnea! Once I got mine fixed years ago, I slept better, felt better, and don't have chronic sinus infections.

Lilly

This was a really interesting article and it does make sense. Aconite, do you mind if I ask how long the recovery took after you had the surgery?

Aconite

Well, the deviated septum surgery surprisingly wasn't that bad at all. The doctor will put splints in your nose when he's done with the surgery. Don't worry, you're still out and won't feel a thing yet. When you go home, you have to keep the splints in for a week and then you go to his office and he removes them. So for about a week, you have to breathe through your mouth. It's not very painful at all to be honest. You shouldn't do any heavy lifting for six weeks but I was riding my bike the next week after I had my splints out. I never felt so good I tell ya!

Now, if you want to talk about the tonsillectomy I had to get after that because of my deviated septum, that's a whole different ball game!

WeepingWillow

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing. I always try to get at least eight hours of sleep and notice I feel much, much better throughout the day when I get lots of sleep.

mac69

Sleep - without the ability to dream, we would go crazy in a couple of weeks. Google
How Long Can You Survive Without Sleep?
By Rebecca Turner