Sinus Spay Concoction

hppyfngy

I want to make a sinus spray for ease of inflammation and irritation and also for clearing a stuffy head. Not necessarily for any medical condition. I'm thinking a simple sea salt solution but I want to incorporate eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil.
Any thoughts on making this or any thoughts on additional/optional ingredients?

Randy

Primrose

I wish you luck on that. Why don't you look it up online? I'm sure there's a recipe out there somewhere. I have saline nasal spray on my shopping list for today. I'll just stick with the OTC kind.

hppyfngy

There was an otc option but it's been discontinued now. It had eucalyptus and menthol. Very effective.
I'll try to roll my own and let you know if I come up with something useful.

I use sinol it has eucalyptus and pepper extract but I don't have a recipe for it...

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

hppyfngy

I think this idea is not going very far as I realize I can't make this up and keep it. With no preservative it could only be mixed for immediate use so probably not worthwhile. Back to the neti pot...

Alan Calderwood

i would think a salter water solution with eucalyptus and peppermint oil in would be fine for quite a period of time.

also im nut sure how it would work in a nasal sprey solution . but you mint try adding honey to the mix
i find it a fantastic decongestant and works wonders on the sinuses. also honeys anti bacterial properties would help clear any bacteria lodged in your nasal passages.

hope this helps
Alan

Lyra

I would just be careful about how much essential oil you put in the mixture, since they are very potent. But I agree that it should last a good while. If you are worried, you could store it in the refrigerator.

Trudy

You might even ask your doctor or pharmacist. I am extra careful about what I spray into my nasal passages. After a bad experience many years ago, and not being able to hear for almost a year because of it, I don't experiment on myself that way.

You might even ask your doctor or pharmacist. I am extra careful about what I spray into my nasal passages. After a bad experience many years ago, and not being able to hear for almost a year because of it, I don't experiment on myself that way.
Gosh that sounds horrible! I'm a little scared now!

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2