Side Effects of Drinking Diet Soda

Cassia

I have never been a soda drinker but whenever I had one, I ask for diet soda, thinking that it rates better on the health scale compared to regular sodas. However, after reading this list of the side effects of drinking diet soda, I think I will have to say goodbye to diet soda, too.

Luvkenny

Wow! I thought drinking diet was good for you or at least better than regular pop. Man! I can't believe those side effects! Reproductive problems and metabolism problems! I wonder how.

This list likely applies to non diet as well...I will continue to drink diet as long as its on the shelf

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

Claudette

If ever there were a case study of what drinking diet colas can do for you, I'm probably the one to end up on the medical school's slab. I know it's addictive because I've tried to stop and still start the day with one. I really need to revisit this.

SoftRain

I love soda. I love it so much. I always drink diet to avoid the calories and because I prefer the taste to that of regular soda. Articles like this depress me.

Aletha

I had to cut it out of my diet about three years ago. I was having some issues with side effects. I feel much better now that I don't drink it anymore. I have also had to stop using artificial sweeteners for the same reason. I was using quite a bit of sucralose and was having a feeling like my blood sugar was dropping but it wasn't.

Lyra

I am not surprised. The artificial sweeteners they use in diet sodas is so very bad for you. And I truly believe that they are addictive. There are way too many people who buy diet sodas by the caseload to think otherwise. I know people who don't eat but one meal and then drink Diet Coke all day long.

freshfoodie

I have been drinking diet pop for quite awhile and I have quit several times. The big problem that I have is that I have extremely low blood pressure or hypotension. Generally it runs about 65/70. The last time I quit pop, I had a series of scary incidents where my BP dropped out and I fainted. The sodium and caffeine in the soda are what keep my blood pressure somewhat normalized. So while it might cause other problems, I will continue to drink it until they find another way to up my BP.

chabella

All Lady
Sorry but I do not buy any article out there that states "unclear" when they are trying to compare two topics, especially when there are no stats comparing both of them. I seldom drink diet, the only one I can really handle (because it tastes tolerable) is coke.

Hedda

I have been seriously been considering one of those home soda machines so that I could control the ingredients going into the soda. After reading this, I think I know what I'd like from Santa.