Sick of it yet?

Carolynn

Is anyone else sick and tired of all the political commercials, mailings, and phone calls yet? I only see the commercials when we are at someone's house because we just have Netflix, but we get phone calls and mailings nearly every day! Often times they are from parties I have never voted for in my life! Joe Biden gave me a call the other day, (recorded message of course) to tell me how much they needed my money so they could secure the "future of America". :rolleyes:

freshfoodie

I was so tired of it about 2 weeks into the primary season. I haven't gotten any calls, of course I don't answer calls from any numbers I don't know. I have gotten a bunch of Facebook messages and emails.

Sage

We are getting campaign material from our local candidates, but I haven't received anything from Obama or Romney yet. Thankfully, we don't have a landline anymore, so I haven't had to worry about all those pesky phone calls either.

Sugarhill

I haven't received any phone calls, but yes, the commercials can be tiring. Especially if the commercial wasn't even well done. With as much money they raise, they should be forced to have a new commercial every month, so we don't have to keep seeing the same one over and over and we can also look at the calendar to mark off the days of how much longer we have to see that particular one.

hunysukle

I am so tired of politics, and I really don't want to hear or watch anything regarding either party. Been there are done that. Finally - a reason to be glad my phone isn't working.

Ja'cobeC

I know how you feel because it been happening to me so months. I finally got my number change because I was getting so pissed at the phone calls every single day.

Esperahol

I haven't had much a problem with this, but then again perhaps you guys are in more critical areas? I don't know, but I guess I'm just not a political need or anything.

shaunche

I haven't received any phone calls yet, thankfully, but if I did I would simply put the phone down. I put the phone down as soon as I realize it is an advertising call, makes no difference if it is a political commercial.

beckyv1265

I just ignore them and I rarely answer my phone anyway. I am usualy to busy to just stop and chat on the phone with people. I let the machine pick up and I just delete them. I only call back those who I wish to chat with.

artistry

I only get calls every now and then thankfully. I have an automatic deduction taken out each month. This is a serious election, and could determine if we will have a middle class or not. I do get tired of the commercials, and wish it was October.

Parker

I don't get phones calls, but I am deluged with emails. I don't watch much tv. I watch most stuff online. My mom is plugged in most of the time. I can only visit her for a short period of time, but she watches cable news shows over and over.

Luvkenny

I don't get phone calls either, I would be mad if I did. I don't mind all the commercials though. I can't wait for the debates to start. I do pay attention to the debates. I like to read up on all the key points from each candidate.

HealthyS7

I haven't gotten any calls or mailings yet. I am just tired of the stuff that my friends keep trying to shove down my throat on facebook.

dissn_it

No phone calls or mailings yet and the commercials are just beginning to start. There will be so many of those by the time November finally arrives!

Luckily for me, I don't watch tv, so I don't see any of the commercials. They don't have my phone number so they never call me. I do see a whole lot of google ads on completely unrelated websites, though. It's like both parties have completely taken over the google ads.

Sage

We are still not getting any phone calls, but I realized today that I am getting very tired of all the political stuff on Facebook. I feel everyone has a right to vote for whichever candidate they want, but I am tired of people putting other people down because they don't share the same views.

ssamcd

I have not gotten phone calls, (I never answer the phone, only use it) But the internet and newspapers are full of it. I think as the time gets closer their will be a more intense presence of the election. I would not be surprised if people start showing up at the door. Sometimes when you are driving down the street they are on the streets campaigning. That's annoying.

Parker

I have not gotten phone calls, (I never answer the phone, only use it) But the internet and newspapers are full of it. I think as the time gets closer their will be a more intense presence of the election. I would not be surprised if people start showing up at the door. Sometimes when you are driving down the street they are on the streets campaigning. That's annoying.
I used to do door to door campaigning. It was for the gubernatorial race in Nevada several years ago. It was one of the best jobs I've ever had. Yeah, some people didn't like us knocking at the door. But a surprising number of people were more than happy to talk about politics. Unfortunately, our candidate didn't win and the winner and his term was a complete mess!

Jessi

I used to do door to door campaigning. It was for the gubernatorial race in Nevada several years ago. It was one of the best jobs I've ever had. Yeah, some people didn't like us knocking at the door. But a surprising number of people were more than happy to talk about politics. Unfortunately, our candidate didn't win and the winner and his term was a complete mess!
Really? I don't know many people that would want to talk to people who come to the door like that. I'm glad you had great success with it. I wouldn't even take a job like that because I would expect it to be worse.

My brother did that job a few years ago. He said responses ran the gamut from people being open and willing to talk, to people threatening him with guns.