Sick and stubborn

Luvkenny

Why are men so stubborn when they are sick? Why not just go to the doctors and get treated. Don't they know that they will get better so much quicker! My hubby is sick! He has been on the couch for 2 days! Feverish, headache and just plain miserable!

Cassia

You are right. I am not married but I have witnessed how my brother, father, and uncles turn into grumpy and whiney men when they are down with a cold. They act as if they're going to die soon but they refuse to see the doctor.

Aletha

Most all men are macho and think they will prevail over the illness. Men haven't had to deal with menses every month, having a child which is like pushing a melon out of your nose, or dealing with a sick child while you are sick as a dog too. It's just perspective.

Luvkenny

I get it but I'm sick of hearing the whining. If they are so macho then they should just suck it up and deal with it. I say either go to the doctors and get help or keep it quiet!

chabella

All Lady
I can testify that lately many doctors in our area are pushing patients directly to the hospital for some of the most minor things. Someone I know had the flu pretty bad the doctor told them to come back before a full 24hrs was up and immediately sent them to the hospital. A similar issue happened with my friends child too.

This is not just an issue for men though, I know women doing this too. I would much rather home treat if possible. Could you imagine two people in the house having an issue within the same year and then having to pay thousands in hospital bills? I fully understand people being stubborn, the medical world is sucking us dry. :(

freshfoodie

I try to home treat myself as well. If I can't get over it myself after a week or so though I will head in to the urgent care. Chabella, I agree with you the medical world is sucking us dry. Prices are going up but quality of care is going down.

chabella

All Lady
I wonder if the care going down has anything to do with the companies making more money than the people trying to actually help heal us. I am sure after today with my better half having a visit to the doctor's we will get a nice hefty bill in the mail.

Claudette

I'm guilty of putting off the doctor, too. My issue is that I'm so busy taking care of everyone else that I don't always look after myself. Thank goodness I'm on a good healthy diet and take enough supplements to keep most of the bugs at bay.