She's a drama queen

chabella

All Lady
Well we have figured out the scratching and random licking, our kitty just felt neglected and is now slowly coming around. The one spot she had on her side is clearing up and new fur is growing back, the scratch spots are minimal at best now. I am happy it was nothing serious, we have had her since she was a tiny tot.

BettyKane

Well it's good to hear that you figured it out and it wasn't anything medical. I guess she just needs more attention then some cats so don't forget to give it to her. :)

Luvkenny

Ha! Glad she is getting better. Sometimes cats just act this way. I had a friend whose dog wouldn't stop licking and scratching herself. She lost all her hair too. The vet said it was anxiety!

chabella

All Lady
Luvkenny that was pretty much exactly it. She had a bald spot on the base of her tail, a spot on her lower belly and some scratch marks around her neck. She has also gotten into the habit of stealing your seat in the house when you get up for more than a minute, she is a picky kitty!

Lyra

Poor girl! She just needs all the love. We had a cat before we had kids that was like that. The shelter asked if we had kids or other pets. When we said no, they said, "Good!" That should have been our tip-off. Once we started a family he was nuts about wanting more attention. That cat got more attention after we had kids than most cats get with no competition around! He eventually could not stand not being the star of the show and ran off.

Cassia

Well, that just proves that our pets have their own ways of getting our attention and expressing that they want more of our tender loving care! It's a good thing that the scratching and licking was nothing serious.