Sharing a doctor

chabella

All Lady
My husband is against sharing the same family doctor which seems odd to me. The doctor can not tell either of us about the other without permission. What would make him worry this much?

Alli

Men are just funny that way. I'm glad my husband goes to the doctor. He didn't for many years and then had some health issues that forced him to go. He found one he likes so that's all that counts.

SoftRain

That seems odd to me too. It's his prerogative, obviously, but I don't understand why he cares. In the end, though, it's not a big deal.

chabella

All Lady
That is what I thought too. Thankfully the office I visit along with the kids has more than one doctor there so he will just have to deal with it. The main reason I wanted him to see the doctor I like is because he thinks exactly like we do and I know my husband would appreciate that (if he would just stop being stubborn).

nutti

That is odd. Are you both under each others HIPPA policy? My hubby is on mine and I am on his. I see nothing wrong with sharing a doctor.

Lyra

Maybe he is afraid that the doctor you use will gang up with you on him. Maybe he just doesn't like that doctor. I think it is odd, but not that big a deal.

Myrrh

It seems really odd. I don't think I know anyone who doesn't want to share a doctor with their spouse. Maybe your husband isn't just into letting any other person know about his health concerns. :rolleyes:

PaloVerde

He's probably just uncomfortable with one person (the doctor) knowing so many details about him that go beyond just his own health. I guess it makes sense that he wants to be seen as an individual and not have the doctor think of you and the kids when treating him.

chabella

All Lady
I don't think he can dislike someone he has never met before. Husbands are weird sometimes that I know. Right now he has a cold and has been feeling pretty bad for most of the week, that means I get to look forward to a long weekend playing nurse.