Shampoo?

Joyce

Anyone make shampoo or shampoo bars and be willing to share a recipe or two? I want to try it but I want to use a recipe that has been successful for someone else on my first attempt.

chabella

All Lady
No but I would love to. Right now as silly as it seems I have stuck my hair through four bleach processes and a dye to get the black out. Now I know why most places suggest you visit a salon, it was a total pain to try and deal with but I am thankful for two things. My hair did not fall out and I am a redhead again. Now I just need to find some good shampoo!

enthusiast

I'd love to make my own natural shampoo, but I wouldn't know where to start. I like the coconut, strawberry and those types and if I could make it myself, that would be wonderful. I hope someone has some recipes and pointers, too!

wanderingherb

rosemary and peppermint are the two I stick with. Beleive it or not you can add the essential oils into a plain liquid castile, Bronners is really good but spendy unfortunately.

You can buy plain natural shampoos by the gallon and then just add what you want to into it! In a smaller bottle that way you use it faster and don't need a preservative or antibacterial. You can even add extracts such as calendula or chamomile!

Making liquid soap of any kind is quite expensive and intensive. So I just buy plain and spruce it up the way I want.

Here is a link if you really want to make your own, she has quality ingredients and recipes and if you email her with a problem she usually gets back to you and helps you problem shoot.
Blending Nature and Science - Innovative Natural Products for Cosmetics and Toiletries

I have made some awesome shampoo's and conditioners but it does get spendy!