Salad

Suzie

Tonight we are feasting on chicken salad! I have been so great today in getting back into my healthy routine. I'm very proud of myself. :rolleyes:

minniedo

You must mean something besides chicken and mayo on a sandwich if you're calling it healthy. Do share a recipe with us!

I like adding grilled chicken to a nice mixed greens and vegetable salad. Include a hearty whole-grain bread and it's a meal all by itself and really low-calorie.

Congratulations! I love a chicken salad... without the mayo, haha! But, yeah, grilled chicken with spinach leaves and fresh vegetables will absolutely fill you up, even without the bread.

DixieMarie

We like to eat chicken salad also. Sometimes I will just make up a 'tossed' salad and add the chicken to it. I also like to use the Hellmann's made with Canola oil, it's actually good and low in calories.

dissn_it

This is usually how I use up any left over BBQ chicken. A tossed green garden salad with lots of veggies and diced up BBQ chicken. I just season the salad with some herbs and a touch of black pepper. No salad dressing need for this one!

shaunche

I love chicken salad. Roasted chicken salad with roasted vegetables, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and a homemade garlic aioli. I also used toasted seeds like sunflower to add texture to the salad.

A girlfriend of mine a few weeks ago sent me an awesome orzo and chicken salad recipe, but I don't eat white carbs anymore, and I can't find any whole wheat orzo... does this even exist?

rayne

The mention of chicken salad always makes me laugh. My mother-in-law made homemade chicken salad and used a ton of mayonaise, boiled eggs and pickle relish. She ate it with crackers and said that it was diet food. She was serious too.:p

Hyacinth

Everybody in the family loves salad. Besides the usual ingredients, we also put diced apple and chopped walnuts in our chicken salad recipe. When we want to skip the mayo, we just mixed fresh greens then drizzle it with olive oil, lemon juice and season with pepper.

artistry

Good for you. I am trying to drink more water, cut down on sugar, and sweets. As well eat more salads.Tuna fish is a favorite of mine, so if I can eat more of that, I would do well.
Keep up the good work.

hunysukle

I love eating salad. There are so many different ways to prepare it, such as with chicken and fruit, that you never get bored eating it. You can also make your own salad dressing, since store-bought salad dressings are so unhealthy.

Ankh

Add Ceasar dressing and parmaesan to it for extra flavoring. Or you could just eat it naturally with no chicken or extra things...just the greenery.

This is how I get my kids to eat salad. I use leftover BBQ chicken with some mixed salad greens and usually add some green/red peppers, shredded carrots and broccoli. The BBQ sauce gives it a sweet taste for the kids and they like the extra vegetables. I am one of those people who could eat chicken every day and not get tired of it.

gidget

I always recycle leftover chicken breasts into a salad. Sometimes with iceberg lettuce, but mostly I prefer romaine or spinach. Don't use croutons, but I make these parmesan cubes to substitute for the croutons. That follows a Somersizing way of eating - food combinations. If you add croutons, then you are mixing proteins/ fats with carbs. With Somersizing you can eats proteins/fats with veggies or carbs with veggies, but never proteins/fats & carbs. I also like to use my herbs that I grow, esp dill, basil & sometimes rosemary, which I most probably cooked with my chicken. Mmmmm yummy!

misumaru15

I like all kinds of lettuce in my salad. I have pretty much done away with iceberg lettuce. I love it topped with nuts, mango and chicken.