Rosemary helps keep bugs away?

AppleMay

I've heard that if you put Rosemary in your cupboards and around the house that it helps keep bugs away. Anyone know more about this?

xenon

I had never heard of this but I will give it a try. I have plenty of it in the garden and can do with something to keep silverfish away. Thanks I will give it a go.

shaunche

I'm not sure about this. I know rosemary, chives and sage can be used to repel pests in the garden, but I'm not sure this would have the same effect around the house. I suppose you could give it a try and see if it works.

Sage

I've never heard that it keeps bugs away, but it is worth a try. I do know that it is suppose to keep bad spirits away if you plant it near the edge of your yard!

Rosemary is quite effective in repelling flies. Hang a bunch by your doorway to offer a pleasant fragrance while helping to deter insects from entering your home. Rosemary essential oil can be used as an insect repellent. Simply apply a drop or two on exposed skin. Rosemary smells much better than commercial insect sprays that contain noxious chemicals.

Rosemary oil is some all natural dog flea and tick repellent, and we have used it to repel flies in our house and even ants. Cinnamon, Eucalyptus oils is awesome to keep all types of bugs away and even spiders!

plsargent

Where is the best place to plant Rosemary? Shade, partial shade, full sun? I want to plant some in my garden, just not sure on the best spot for it.