Rest and good health

This morning I took the entire morning off until about 1pm. I woke up, made breakfast, and then did absolutely nothing until afternoon. In fact, I would have continued, but I didn't want to get so far behind on tasks that I would only have to catch up on them tomorrow.

I can't remember the last time I did that.

I always forget how important rest is for good health. Not just getting more than six hours of sleep, but actually taking a day (or a few hours, in my case) to not even think about anything stressful or work-related.

Am I the only one who finds herself running in circles like a headless chicken all the time?

ssamcd

I am glad you had a morning to yourself. We forget to be good to ourselves, because we are so busy taking care of everyone else. Make sure you also take the time to buy yourself something nice. You deserve it. Next time you take your morning off, go shopping for yourself. Don't forget now, go shopping alone. :)

Luvkenny

I try to do this often. Last night when I got home from work I busted my tail getting things done. I was able to just relax this morning. I never even showered until 1pm. I've been on the run since though. You are right - rest is key to good health.

It's good that you got some time to yourself to just relax. We lead such busy and hectic lives these days that we forget to take care of ourselves. I am guilty of that from time to time. I hate leaving things undone (thanks mild OCD) so I am constantly doing things around the house. It is better now that I have "trained" my children where things go but it is still hard sometimes to find that "me" time.

josh0322

It's always good to take some time off for yourself and just relax to do nothing or relax to do whatever you choose as your leisure time. I think most people forget to take this time to themselves and they ultimately suffer the consequences because you need that time to just decompress. Good on you!

artistry

It is very necessary to have some "me time," we run ourselves to death so to speak, especially mothers. Stop and pamper yourself. My favorite thing to suggest to ladies, is to run a nice warm bubble bath, get yourself a 1/2 glass of wine, turn on your favorite music and enjoy. Leave the world behind. It helps to rejuvenate.

beyreNC

In this day and age, when technology is supposed to make our lives easier, we find more often than not, that we are more on the good and have more on our to-do lists than ever before. And like others have mentioned, we often forget to pencil in some quiet time to just let the body and mind decompress and relax - weather it is lying in bed extra, curling up on the couch with a good book, or laying out by the pool.

Even though I sit at a computer for the majority of my days, even though I do a lot of low-stress activities, it is still not relaxing time. So, I tend to forget the "me time" also.

Case in point. Today is my birthday. And practically everything out of my husband's mouth day has been complaining about something ... people burning trash in the area, sometime in the news (multiple times today), something from work the other day, yadda yadda yadda. I don't know what else to call it, but I feel that I am empathic and when he pull this complaining stuff, it just drains the heck out of me and now I've spent the day agitated, depressed, and drained. Some birthday! :oops:

chabella

All Lady
I doubt it, I have moments like that all of the time. This week is a little different since I am fighting off a nasty virus but I figure by this time next week I will be back to painting, relaxing and losing track of time.

It is always good to take some time to recharge yourself and your body. I don't do it often either but when I do it feels like my own personal heaven. Now that I think about, I should really get some more me time.

Lena51

You should always take some me time for yourself. It refresh your mind and body just to take a simple nap. I try to take as much me time as possible and to refresh and get focused on what I need to do next. You would be amazed at how good you feel and how you have clearer thoughts.

Mrs. Rogers

It does feel fantastic to take time off to just relax and feel good and do things we enjoy. I keep my day planned to the minute working from home and once a week I just work half a day and then indulge the rest of the day. Catch up on shows I enjoy and drink coffee with my feet up. It works wonders for rejuvanizing!

I doubt it, I have moments like that all of the time. This week is a little different since I am fighting off a nasty virus but I figure by this time next week I will be back to painting, relaxing and losing track of time.
I kind of wish I had your life, minus the virus. I rarely get a chance to relax and lose track of time unless I make it a point to do so.

beckyv1265

With 8 kids, a man,one dog and 2 fat guinea pigs. I rarely every have "Free time" . But I do love to take time and snuggle with my man on a saturday morning. i make the kids get breakfast and sometimes he and I will go out to luch alone without the kids. It makes a nice break.

That is awesome. I would never not be able to do anything until 1, but I am glad you are able to. Whenever I get up I feel like the energizer bunny. It is towards the end of the night where I get very sleepy. You are right. Rest is very important for you!

Melissa

Nope!! I have a 2 year old who doesnt sleep more than 5 hours a night...midnight to 5 am...wont go to bed any earlier and doesnt nap. I also work a full time job and a part time one on weekends so rest isn't an option for me. I agree rest is necessary as i am an absolute wreak. But i learn to cope :)

Lena51

And then pretty soon your body will get all run down and you may pass out. Then what is your 2 yr. old going to do with mommy out of order. You must find a way for your child to go to bed early and stay sleep through the night. Give him some warm milk, maybe that will soothe his/her little stomach. But you need to find a way to take care of the non sleeper and get some rest yourself.

artistry

Now that it is as hot as it is, in a lot of the country, it is very important to take care of yourself, as the heat drains your energy level. Drinking enough water to stay hydrated, getting enough sleep and rest, as well as eating well, are more important with such hot temperatures.

Lena51

Sure that is very important for your health that you drink enough water and eat healthy. But try to stay out of the sun as much as possible will help also because that can take a lot of your energy and make you feel dragged out. Take a good nap during the day can give you more energy also.