Removing body toxins

Herby

You fill up a bathtub with warm water and add a couple of cups of apple vinegar to it. Sit in the tub for at least 20-30 minutes. The apple vinegar is supposed to help draw out the toxins.

smellsrfun

Apple vinegar? I have never used this or heard of it. Can you buy it by cider vinegar and white vinegar? It sounds like an easy way to get those bad toxins out.

Glinda

I've never heard of this either. I think apple vinegar and cider vinegar are similar, if not the same. I wonder what it is about the vinegar that draws toxins out of the body. Interesting concept.

Treehugger

This is really interesting! I have never heard this either but I am going to try it. How does the vinegar draw out the toxins? What kind of toxins does it work on?

greentea

That's great! I often hear about apple vinegar but I don't know if you can use it for body detoxification. But I was told it has some medical value and often prescribed by natural healers.

Natural

This is truly interesting. Vinegar is an acid so it does make sense in removing the toxins of the body but I think it will be on the skin level only. I'm not sure if the vinegar can penetrate beyond our skin.

Herby

Sorry, I goofed. It's apple cider vinegar. When my son was tested for allergies, the person who tested him suggested the bath and it seem to work nicely. He started feeling better after a couple of baths.

Natural

Allergies are different from the toxins from our bodies. I don't know if we can relate this two for the same kind of treatment.

Allergies are reactions of our body from foreign particles like dust or pollens. But toxins in the body are chemicals that are harmful to us.

Herby

That may be true that allergies and toxins are different but if the apple cider vinegar will help remove impurities from the body, I'm all for it. All I know is that this has worked for me and other members of my family.

chabella

All Lady
I am more than willing to try this even though I hate the smell of vinager. I once attempted one of those OTC detox deals and that was worse than dealing with the worse flu ever.

I am not willing to do that to my body again.

Herby

I am more than willing to try this even though I hate the smell of vinager.
It's been a while since I've done this but the amount of vinegar you use in relation to the bath water should make it so the smell isn't very strong.

captain

Can we use vinegars that are made from chemicals and not from apple cider? Will the effect be the same or will the body react differently to various kinds of vinegar?

Herby

I'm not sure about using vinegar made from chemicals and not from apple cider. All I know is that the person who suggested it said to use apple cider vinegar. Maybe apple cider vinegar is a bit more pure?