Recommended reading

Glinda

Does anybody have any good books about herbs? I have some gardening books that have herb sections in them, but they are more focused on vegetables. I'd like to find a book that is all about herbs.

greentea

Besides "A Complete Handbook of Nature Cure" which I mentioned in this thread, you can also read "Herbs that Heal: A guide to healing the natural way, with vitamins, minerals & herbs", published by The Readers Digest Association, Inc. I just found it on the internet.

Natural

Going to the medical section in a bookstore would probably help you find a good book about herbs used as alternative medicine. These books usually tell you if the herbs can be mixed in food.

SuzyQ

My favorate book in this range is "Food for free" by Richard Mabey and whilst it isn't specifically about herbs, it is about finding wild plants and fungi that are edible, some of which are very good for you and this is explained in the book.

Glinda

Thank you for all the great suggestions. I'm going to head to the bookstore this weekend to look for these. I particularly like the sound of the Reader's Digest book and Food for Free.

smellsrfun

I love Borders! The store is awesome and it's sorted by topic. I'm sure you will find a ton of books there on herbs. I always grab a book and sit down to look through it. I usually end up buying a couple and skimming through a couple there too.