Pricing

chabella

All Lady
What is the price for a general visit? I think I need to actually get off my tail and visit an office pretty soon but the only time I have used a chiropractor is after a car wreck, insurance handled everything and I had zero out of pocket expense. What should I expect to pay for a general/easy visit and treatment?

AppleMay

I've never been but know some that do go and it is costly. I'm sure there are some that are cheaper than others but I would only go to one that is highly recommended so ask around before you choose.

jolee

I have gone to a very good clinic during their 'Community Acupuncture' times. And there are four or so other places around that also offer a very similar type of service. These are regular private practice clinics where they do see clients individually. They just offer this option to help get acupuncture to people who otherwise couldn't afford it. And, it is not as thoroughly personal, but they do give some individualized attention to assess what to work on during that session.

As for cost, they offer a sliding scale with a minimum of $20 and maximum of $45; you pay what you feel you can afford. The initial visit is more like $30 to $60, though, as they do an intake with you to get to know you and your issues a little bit.

It's really quite wonderful. It's held in a quiet meditative space. Each person can come @ any time during the hours open, and stay as long or as little as they like. There are multiple super comfy recliners, meditative music, a fountain, and very little quiet talking.

I went three or four times. It definitely was very helpful for me.

freshfoodie

When I used to go regularly it was $25 a visit, but I am sure that it has gone up since then. I think a lot of it has to do with the particular chiropractor and where you live.

chabella

All Lady
The place that a friend suggested is almost an hour away but they get great reviews. I am trying to see if their prices that they list online are about the normal when it comes to it and to find out what my insurance will cover in case it is higher.

Elberberry

There are more and more insurances that are covering chiropractic visits. It's about time the medical world started accepting the value of chiropractics to the overall health of the body.

chabella

All Lady
I would love to check that out. Right now our insurance is updating their website so I am planning to login soon and check out which places they cover. I really hope they cover a place that is close to my home and if I am really lucky it is the place my husband knows the owner of.