Pinched Nerve

ThymeandTide

I think I have a pinched nerve in my neck and it's killing me. It has happened before and I'm having the same symptoms. My left arm hurts really bad and my right thigh is a bit numb on the surface. Is there anything I can do to help it?

ThymeforRodney

Oh man! I feel sorry for you. I had a pinched nerve in my low back for a while and it was very painful. This is something you need to go to the doctor for, unfortunately. You can try an application of cold for 20 minutes, off 20 minutes then heat for 20 minutes and off for 20 minutes and so forth. Do make an appointment though. That's not something to take lightly.

Irma

How was your first pinched nerve situation dealt with? I have a friend who tried different things but finally only found relief through getting surgery done.

fit2be

I would say hot and cold packs off and on just like Thyme said. Do you have any muscle relaxers? I once pinched a nerve in my back and I had to go to the doctor. They did traction (that hurt worse) and then therapy.

gmommy

Stay away from surgery as long as you can. Ice it down and then go see a reputable chiopractor. These people work wonders in just a few sessions. Do everything you can before you go under that knife. Use that only as a last resort.

Aletha

I totally agree, gmommy. Surgery would be the last thing on my mind. My chiropractor did more for me than any medical doctor ever did. I've had many, many things done to my back but the chiropractor did much better than the doctor.