Pet Misbehavior

Georgina

Do you think that pet misbehavior can be related to some sort of psychology? Ever since one of the roommates moved out, the cat closest to her refuses to use the litter box. He only relieves himself in her old room. What can I do?

BettyKane

Have you tried moving the litter box into her old room? You might try that for a while and maybe after he adjust to her leaving he will get back to normal?

AppleMay

I imagine the kitty is missing the roommate and yes, I do think things like that can upset an animal. I would also suggest moving the litter box, or just getting another one, to her old room and see how that works. It may just take time.

Georgina

I've tried moving the litter box to the room but the cat will go on the floor no matter what. I'm not sure what his deal is! It has been almost a year and it started the day she left.

Luna

I think pets can display bad behavior, when new, exciting, or traumatic events occur. I am not sure how you are going to break the cat from using the bathroom in the floor, since the behavior has lasted so long.

MountainGirl

I think that it is possible to end it but things are going to be tough since he has grown into the habit. Maybe you could do something like what I did with the dogs, laid newspaper down in the spot and slowly moved it away from the room. I think that animals definitely do misbehave to send a message sometimes.