Pet Insurance

SuzyQ

Is pet insurance worth it? Sometimes I think not. My daughter's cat was so ill I think he would have died anyway, but the vet kept him alive and operated because the insurance was paying for it. The cat still died during the operation.

aunaturel

That sounds more like a bad vet than a problem with pet insurance. If I were to get another pet, I'd try to find pet insurance that was reasonable. There's nothing worse than having to tell the vet to euthanize a beloved pet because you can't afford to treat them.

SuzyQ

Maybe you're right. My daughter still has her pet insurance, as she has other animals, and she also now has a different vet, just because she moved to another area. I hope she has more luck the next time!

rayne

Pet insurance may be a good idea for regular check ups and emergency situations. However, if the end is inevitable and the vet is operating just because the insurance pays, it's time to get a new vet. That's just wrong.

SoftRain

We don't buy pet insurance. We prefer to pay out of pocket, even for emergencies. I'm sorry your daughter's cat died; did she want the vet to do the surgery?