Pain bar

Lyra

This isn't technically a soap; it is more like a lotion bar. A pain bar has essential oils and arnica in it that help relieve muscle pain. My mom has been experimenting with making these. She gave me one to try out. You just rub it on. Has anyone else ever tried this before?

Luvkenny

No but I would like to. Where can I buy one? If I like it I will want to make them. What great gifts for people! I have a group of friends that have sore muscles often (from working out) so it would be cool to have a pain bar to rub out the pain.

Lyra

I have no idea if you can even buy one. It wasn't something I'd seen before. But I love the idea! I keep forgetting to try it. I had some sore muscles in my legs the other day. I should have used it then.

Aletha

Wow! That sounds awesome! I would love to try one out and have the recipe if she will let you post it. It would be nice to have on those rainy mornings when everything I have in my body aches.

2Nature

I am sure this idea is great but how quickly would your body get used to these substances, I mean before they stop being effective?

Lyra

Aletha, I will ask her if she would share her recipe. I am certain she won't mind! She just got it online like the rest of us would. 2Nature, I don't think that is something you have to worry about. For instance, I know you can use arnica as much as you like and there is no tolerance built up.

Cassia

I haven't tried or even seen anything like that before, but it sounds interesting. Sometimes I complain of leg muscle pain because of prolonged standing, so rubbing this kind of soap on my legs might help relieve the discomfort.

SoftRain

I hadn't heard of pain bars before, but it makes sense since it works on the same principle as hard lotion bars. I would guess all the analgesics are combined with coconut oil, beeswax, and shea butter. Please do share the recipe if she agrees.

freshfoodie

I could use one right now! I pulled a muscle and ended up dislocating my hip earlier today. I will have to Google it or head to Pinterest to try to find a recipe. This would make a great gift for people.

chabella

All Lady
I would give it a go, how long does it take before it starts working? I tend to get a little sore sometimes after new workouts or when I bump the intensity up so it might just come in handy for me.

Lyra

You guys, I have been so busy I've forgotten to ask my mom for the recipe. Worse than that, I haven't even remembered to try it. My feet are really sore from lots of errands and cooking today. I will try to remember to try it tonight so I can report back to you.

Lyra

I forgot to try it last night. But this morning my calves were very sore from so much time on my feet yesterday. This was the perfect opportunity to test the bar out. I applied it to one calf. That was a few hours ago. I am shocked at the difference in how my legs feel. The one I didn't treat is tight and sore. The one on which I used the pain bar is loose and not painful at all. Wow! Amazing results so far!

Trudy

This is a new one for me, too. The only kind of pain remedies I've ever tried have come with heat or smell that I don't care for. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a good smelling soap that really did help with those aches and pains?

sPeeDeeBee

I can't remember the source but I've read that simply putting a bar of plain ivory soap underneath the bottom sheet will greatly reduce leg pain. I've seen that several times! Also supposed to help restless leg syndrome. No clue what might be going on here! :confused: