Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do Not Know

• I Think So

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Annie63

Hi from a new member. I was diagnosed with an Ovarian Cyst on my right ovary that is about the size of a small orange. I have had ultrasounds and so far they have not shrunk. I have had the blood tests as well, and Wednesday will have to go back to the Dr to discuss the results and the next step to what they plan to do for me. I'm thinking surgery as one of the Dr's I had first said she thinks I will have to have it. Do you think this is due to the size of the cyst? Or is it still possible to shrink them? What have you found out shrinks larger cysts if anything? I have almost no pain but some of the other symtoms are bothersome at at times. I have a thryoid disorder as well and they think that this is causing the cyst. I think I have had the cyst a long time as I'm 48 and have never gone to a gyno before, not kidding. I have a feeling I have had it since a teen in fact. Ist that even possible?

Scarletpyxi

I have been told by many OBGYNs that the size doesn't really matter, sometimes the most painful are the smallest. I have had ovarian cysts for the last 14 years on and off they usually just burst and absorb back into your body or dissolve on their own. The thyroid problem may be causing fluid retention which I think creates cysts. I know you want to avoid surgery, but it is likely going to be less invasive than you are expecting, and at this point with a cyst that large it is going to be the most effective remedy.

artistry

I have not had any cysts. But I do think that I read that Flaxseed will help with ovarian cysts. I am going to check again, but it might not hurt to give the Flaxseed a try. Good luck.

ssamcd

My daughter was diagnosed with poly cystic ovaries. She was very young. She went on the pill and the pains and the cysts went away. She went off the pill and they came back. Were you ever on the pill. Speak with your doctor about that. I would ask your doctor if you have surgery will they grow back? The fact that you have no pain is a godsend because my daughter suffered from excruciating pain from her cysts. Best of luck to you. :)

artistry

The flaxseed helps, the birth contril pills as ssamod stated, are very good it is reported, as well. Check with your gyn and see if you can get them. See what they say.

leyash

I've had cysts for a few years now. They are pretty painful, and the largest mine have gotten was about the size of a golfball. Unfortunately, I think they are also giving me fertility problems, as we haven't been preventing. It took me four years to get pregnant, and I miscarried at 6 weeks.