Organic Fertilizer

Treehugger

What is a good, organic fertilizer to use for herbs? I am planning on planting soon and this will be the first time I plant herbs. Do I put the fertilizer in with the soil as I till it?

Natural

Natural fertilizers can be found anywhere. You can place animal manure around the base of the plant. You can also make a compost pit before you plant so you can place that fertilizer when the garbage have decomposed already.

greentea

I think there are many organic fertilizers available on the market. You can also make your own compost. It should consist of animal manure, greens and other vegetation. To make the composting process faster, you can use compost starters.

SuzyQ

My mother always used to put the tea leaves out of the tea pot on her plants and they thrived. I've heard that coffee grounds do the same job, and if you buy organic coffee and tea, you have your organic fertilizer for free!

Glinda

Yup, we use coffee grounds mixed with the compost and it works wonders. Once we started doing that it really gave a jump start to our compost bin.